[M&M] Shadowrun [Recruiting]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay, I am way out of date on my superhero knowledge. I was watching some of the recent cartoon versions (JL Unlimited and the Spectacular Spiderman) with my son (when he was 5 yrs old last year), but the wife put a stop to that because he was not ready to handle the violence yet. So we switched to playing some D&D. :p

When I was collecting comic books, I was interested in Spawn, Groo the Wanderer, anything by Frank Miller (but I don't actually have the Dark Knight), Asterix the Gaul, Matt Wagner's Grendel, and some Image Comics titles like Witchblade. I did watch the early seasons of Smallville though (not that it helps).

Walking Dad

First Post
No problem, I really like JLU (and have a son (trying to explain M&M to him)), too.

It will not be an up to date DC version, but more JLU with a twist. Spawn and Frank Miller books are good examples for the non-four-color style I mentioned :)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Funny my son just asked me tonight about playing D&D. I have been so busy with PbP that I haven't really cared to play table top. It isn't so much fun one-on-one either, but then a 6 year old cannot really role-play too much. He mostly has fun rolling the dice and moving the miniatures around.

Of course his first combat (at age 5) just warmed my heart, "Daddy, Gordon chops the gargoyle in the ear." "That's nice son, just roll the blue dice." Blood thirsty little tyke named his characters after Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends. We also had to learn some properly benign vocabulary to keep his mother appeased. "The orc was defeated and fell down." "Where did he go?" "He fell down and... disappeared." "Is he sleeping?" "No, he fainted, like in Pokemon when they lose, now roll the dice again."

Once I get more experienced we will try Star Wars Saga Edition when he is a little older.

As for Gotham, if it comes to pass, I call dibs on a Spawn-like character.:p

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"I'm a SUPER HERO, Mother. An effete British superhero, to be precise. I am pilfering your tableware because I hurl it. I hurl it with a deadly accuracy. The Blue Raja is my name. And yes, I know I don't wear much blue and I speak in a British accent, but if you know your history it really does make perfect sense."

That said, I heart super heroes. WD, are you going "canon" with the DC Universe?

@ perrinmiller: If you wanna get caught up on the JLA Unlimited-type stuff, skip to season Six and up of Smallville and you'll see some really nifty stuff.

Walking Dad

First Post
... WD, are you going "canon" with the DC Universe?

Sort of. It is a more based on JLU (less world changes, more iconic characters with a bit lower powers on the heavy hitters) after a not disclosed dimensional crisis, where some of the JLA members vanished after. But their will be Gordon, Montoya, ...

Remove ads