• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M2e:Adventure and a Starbucks Around Every Corner. Recruitment closed.

Phasmus

First Post
Greetings. I am looking for two or three players interested in participating in a play by post Mutants & Masterminds 2e game. City of Doom, is set in a moderately optimistic near-future in the city of Portland Oregon, during a "Paranormal Boom" comparable to the 90's dot-com boom. Three players are already signed up.

I am aiming for a generally silver-age feel; both event and character driven stories, high adventure and (in the absence of extremely poor player judgment) low mortality. There will likely be occasional spikes of camp and, less often, grit. I will try and gauge just how much tongue-in-cheek I can get away with after things get off the ground. Combat will probably comprise a lesser part of the game overall. This game is expected to have a PG-13 rating.

I am looking for characters who are able to work with others, generally heroic (but not necessarily paladin-like) in nature and with stories and motivations beyond 'got powers, decided to fight crime'. I'm looking for players willing and able to post at least every other day, and possibly participate in occasional real-time play via OpenRPG. Relative sanity and literacy are big pluses. Power gaming is frowned on.

If you are interested, please post or message a character concept and a blurb that provides some background information and the nature and source of any powers. The blurb needn't be exhaustive. A character sheet is optional at this point. We can work out a more complete background, mechanics and integration into the setting later. You can find setting documentation -here- . Giving it a scan should give you an idea of what City of Doom is going to look like. Please feel free to ask questions.

Recruitment will close in one week, or after I receive at least two acceptable applications, whichever comes last.

Last edited:

Phasmus

First Post
Here are the baseline blurbs on the characters already signed up. Additional details are forthcoming.

Modus Operandi: An ex 'big-name' super-hero who lost his powers and now fights for truth and justice using conventional skill, experience and cool gadgets.

Void and Copycat. Identical twins possessing murky, meta-scientific origins and ominous power. Void possesses the ability to nullify a startlingly diverse array of super powers and Copycat, as her name indicates, is able to duplicate powers with similar versatility.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
Sorry to post here, but email and PM are not working for me.

If you still need players can you contact me at dwm at sunny dot ocn dot ne dot jp

Thanks and looking forward to hearing ffrom you

Doug

Remove ads