• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2E] Freedom League Unlimited (OOC)

hero4hire

Explorer
Freedom League Unlimited

Your heart races with anticipation as you step through the Teleportal and are instantly transported 22,300 miles above the Earth to the command deck of the Lighthouse.
JLsatellite2.jpg

Around you stand dozens of other garishly clad heroes. Some you recognize others not so much. They too must have received an invitation.
Pan06a.jpg

The hero known as Captain Thunder; de facto leader of the Freedom League stands overlooking you all on an observation platform high above your heads and calls for your attention.
capthunder.jpg

“Thank you all for coming. As you know The League is greatly expanding its ranks to act as guardians of the entire world. You are here because you have shown yourselves not only capable and powerful, but possess the true spirit and heart of a hero. The League needs heroes, the League needs you! Will you join us in our fight against evil?”

Well will you??

This will be a PL 10/150pp Four Color Game for M&M2E. We will be using the Freedom City setting and I will be heavily inspired by the DCAU series Justice League Unlimited.

I will be keeping a keen eye during character creation to maintain balance and have a very “hands-on” approach to character construction. This is to insure EVERYONE has a good time (including me!) and is not intended to be insulting to anyone.

I also have a few house-rules
COMBAT BONUSES: Certain Feats like Attack Focus and Dodge Focus will not provide a bonus greater then the Base Attribute. For example you need a Base Defense of +5 to get 5 ranks of Dodge Focus. This usually also applies to Powers that essentially do the same thing.
TRADE-OFFS: I usually limit tradeoffs to ½ the PL in this case 5, UNLESS you can make a case that your concept really calls for it. (a character like the Blob for instance or the Martial Artist archetype)
LUCK FEAT: Unless you are a luck-based character or a skilled hero who has many HP based Feats, I will be severely limiting multiple ranks of the Luck Feat.
FLAWS ON CONTAINERS: This also applies to any flaw in General. If it isn’t really limiting, it won’t be allowed as a full flaw. Having and Alternate Form that takes you Full Round to activate may be a -3 Flaw in the Book but it isn’t even considered a full flaw in mine! I am always going to err on the side of caution with this one.
NO CHEESE!: I’ve been around the block a few times and I know Point Based character creation systems bring out the math-crunching, point saving, cheese lovers in all of us but please just save it for another game. I am lactose intolerant. :) M&M is an easy game to come up with all sorts of Cheez-whiz so even if something slips by me in character creation I will likely ask you to kindly change it once I see your cheez-tastic combo in action.

Game Thread

Roll Call

Player's Sheets

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
BTW, is this pure core rulebook or will the other GR books, such as for instance Ultimate Power, Masterminds Manual and Hero High, be used?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I know I kinda asked this on another thread, but can I use an existing character from the books. I was looking at Foreshadow from the Freedom City book. I can bump him up to a Power Level 10 if accepted. If this is more combat oriented then what Foreshadow is suitable for, I may go for a male version of Star Knight instead.

Bialaska

First Post
I know I kinda asked this on another thread, but can I use an existing character from the books. I was looking at Foreshadow from the Freedom City book. I can bump him up to a Power Level 10 if accepted. If this is more combat oriented then what Foreshadow is suitable for, I may go for a male version of Star Knight instead.

There is a PL 10 Star Knight in the Archetypes & Legacies, so you could use that.

Jemal

Adventurer
sweeet. :D Thanks, H4H, you just made my day.

Now I just gotta decide which of my heroes to submit for this...

[sblock=The Gamer]
During a video game tournament, this regular kid was caught in an electrical blast and fused with several of the video games being played. Now, he can transform into and gain the powers of those characters, which he uses to fulfill every kids dream - be a super hero.
POWER: Primarily Morph to gain specific sets of traits (Mega man, Mario, Sonic, etc, etc). Normal form would be just a regular kid.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dar the Force Master]
Dar the Force Master/Force Mage is a master of energy, with blasts of force, telekinesis and various magical force powers.
*an Alternate version isn't a mage, but rather a psy-based character who uses his mind to access telekinesis, etc*[/sblock]

[sblock=Rumble]
A true Paragon with Super strength, super tough skin, fast flight, and the ability to control vibrations to create shockwaves, Rumble fights crime because it's all he's ever known, and it just feels right somehow.
*Super powered hero with amnesia and mysterious origin*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enchantress/Fortuna]
Felicia Fortune was a happy-go-lucky college girl, gliding easily through life with her incredible luck and her family's fortune.. Until her parents told her about her heritage. The firstborn daughter of each generation of her family became an incarnation of the ancient godess of luck upon her 18th birthday. With this sudden influx of power and responsibility, Felicia decided that she had to do something with her powers.
-Powers include luck based skills, mental 'attacks', and various 'enchanting' style powers. (Confuse, Dazzle, Emotion control, etc)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bendy Girl]
"OK OK, so it's like not exactly the best name, right? But like, what am I supposed to do? I turn 16 and suddenly find out I'm this total mutant who can strecth my body like some piece of rubber and now I'm a super hero or something.. Totally cool, right?"
Her mutation is actually that she's able to control the viscosity of her body, transforming into a liquid state.
[/sblock]

So any preferences?

And Relique - nuf os ti edam tahw si klat sdrawkcab eht tub!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads