• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: Uh. We skipped a few steps there, I think. From the start:
OOC: Not really. :p

[Before Battle]

"Where can we find your master?.....And the Gearsmith?"

"Slaughter town."

"I am satisfied."

* * * DUEL ROUND 1 CONCLUSION * * *
Abal: 1d20+5=17 vs 21 --> Bruised, Injured

Seif's telescoping sword sliced through Abal's side as she landed from her feint. The bedouin grabbed her side in pain, her hand seemingly slid into the folds of her dress. "Thank Darwin for this struggle.. it only will make me stronger and more worthy of survival."

Seif recovers from his fatigue.

INITIATIVE
Abal
Seif

Abal: Bruised 1
Abal's sword: Injured 2

* * * DUEL ROUND 2 * * *
While gripping her side, Abal raised her Shashka to the sky and gave out a war cry as she charged like a bull into a matador's awaiting lance...
1d20+6=8 --> Miss

CRITICAL! Tough 26 save please. :devil::devil:!
OOC: Actually, you're WRONG. Since its a critical hit you add +5 to the damage making it a Toughness 31 save!
Abal: 1d20+4=16 vs 31 26

Though unintended, the desert man's swing did more then just slice into his opponent's leg, it gashed into her flesh causing the woman to stumble to the ground, as her hidden Khanjar knife flew wildly out of her hand.

INITIATIVE
Abal
Seif

Abal: Bruised 1, Staggered, Stunned

* * * DUEL ROUND 3 * * *​

In a growing pool of ruddy mud, Abal knelt at Seif's mercy.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Like a rebounding desert hare, Seif jetted up on another cloud of steam, closing the gap he'd just opened. He reversed his grip mid-lead, sending his dexter sword snaking forth while he was still in the air. There was that now familiar noise of hyper-heated steam/oiled metal snicking against metal as his extending blade point thumped into the middle of her chest.

[Sblock=Actions round 3]Ajusted last round's action Sblock to take her Stunned condition into account. The "bounding" is window dressing to mesh scenes together. This round:

Standard = Impale vs Abal 1d20+6=13. Enough for a Flatfooted Abal? If so, 21 Toughness save.

On a Stunned result, remain in place (i.e. "land" 15' away). Else dance back 15 feet (i.e. "land" 30 feet total distance from Abal on the other side, back to her, hoping to tempt her into a charge) and Free=Switch array to Dervish Strike.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The blade slams Abal hard in the chest,...
OOC: It's enough to hit also... her toughness was pretty much based on defensive roll. So...
1d20=7 vs 21 --> Staggered / Stunned --> Unconscious

... knocking her body hard into the wasteland's rocky soil, thrusting her into an unconscious state.

POST COMBAT STATUS:
Abal: Bruised 1, Staggered, Unconscious

Shayuri

First Post
Deezy barely has time to lower her aim before the fight's over. She swallows, wide-eyed as Seif effortlessly puts away the disciple of a Spartan without so much as a hit on him. It wasn't the first time she'd seen him fight, but it was the first time so close, outside the Beast and to such effect. She edged towards the Beast's open pilot compartment.

"Wow, okay...well then, I guess I'll just go and tune back in to their radios. See if I can find anything useful out about Slaughter Town before we hit it."

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

Brian finds himself once again shuddering at the preternatural speed with which Seif acts. He holds his ground after the woman falls, unsure of if the man plans to end her life or not. He does use his own unique senses to verify that the woman's body temperature is stable, and thus that she still lives. But for the rest, he's unwilling to face Seif head-to-head, as he's quite sure he'd be handed his own.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sahid clears his throat. "An excellent display of ability, desert man. She's defeated now, do not kill her; she'll be a prisoner of use." He walks over the fallen shape of Abal. He shakes his head, and kneels at her side, trying to stop the bleeding.

Binder Fred

Instead of retracting his sword right away, the desert man let his forward momentum shorten it AND slow his descent so that he impacted the ground straddling Abal's body -- one foot on stained sand, the other thumping down on her stomach, below the impaling blade. She jerked up - muscle reflex and blood in her spit - and then dropped back down: confirmation it was not a feint *this* time...

"Wow, okay...well then, I guess I'll just go and tune back in to their radios. See if I can find anything useful out about Slaughter Town before we hit it."
"I would appreciate a more accurate summary next time, sestrika," replied Seif, his blue eyes on her now, breathing dropping back towards normal.

<Response Deezy?>

Sahid clears his throat. "An excellent display of ability, desert man. She's defeated now, do not kill her; she'll be a prisoner of use." He walks over the fallen shape of Abal. He shakes his head, and kneels at her side, trying to stop the bleeding.
"As you wish, wise one." Seif, still standing over her, both red-stained swords drawn, gestured the bandages away though. "But I suggest we keep the healing for those who still want to live." A look at the robed woman sprawled on the sand. "She will be coming around soon. I will ask her." Seemingly on impulse, he used the point of one sword to flick away her burqua, revealing... [EDIT=By which I mean her face veil, not the robe itself :p]

<Response Ottoman?>

<Assuming she comes around soon for simplicity's sake and that Sahid agrees:
When she does come around, his foot is still on her chest, his extensible sword pressed against her chest directly above her still beating heart. (He's left her her weapons as well, just making sure he can see them without having to divert his gaze.)

"Your choice is simple: You can owe me Life Debt. Or you can die here." He did not seem overly concerned which one she chose.

<If she hesitates or remains silent:
"What does Darwin say about growth?"

[sblock=Actions]Readied Action: Impale vs Abal on any hostile action (Lethal damage this time).

If it looks like she's going for her weapons, just calmly look at her, making it clear he's waiting for her "decision" before striking.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"I told you what they said!" Deezy complained as she got back in. "It's not MY fault if what they said was misleading. People take things for granted, and they don't just say everything out loud. I had to fill in the gaps. Anyway, if you'd rather do it, I can repeat it out to a hand radio if you've got one."

Binder Fred

"Build me one," countered their robed guide... "Watch out for returning raiders while you're up there, sestrika. And please ask the Lord to meet us here when you have the time."

He seemed... amused.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Abal mumbled incoherently as she slowly recovered from her unconsciousness. Before she was fully conscious, Seif flicked off Abal's veil, revealing a unblemished youthful face of average beauty with an a light olive complexion and hazel eyes. Although the Blade Mistress's hair was largely hidden by her headdress, the few strands that had escaped their cover are able to give her onlooker's an impression that Abal's head is covered by wavy dark brown hair.

OOC: Age wise she appears to be be in her late teens.

"Your choice is simple: You can owe me Life Debt. Or you can die here."

"I am already bound to the will of both my Master and my Warlord. By the Laws of Slaughter Town I can not betray them without seeking death, if that is what you ask of me, then end my life here."

"What does Darwin say about growth?"

"It only is obtained through struggle.."

OOC: Note waiting to see what Deezy does on the radio.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads