• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M3e (DCA) Young Justice: Home Alone

cassius335

First Post
Solaris, absent of any method of flight or noticable Toughness score, could do little more than float and feel terrified.

"Of all the times for Superman to be on vacation..." he managed to joke.

OOC: And of course, we've lost our teleporter and both our fliers.

Fire, what's the DC for "maintaining control of bowels in an imminent death situation"?

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: Prohibitively high for some characters...

Looks like Chirpy will be able to save the day, I guess. Although the athletic types should be able to run/jump and/or get saved by a teammate.

Walking Dad

First Post

"I may be able to fly at least one of you to safety!" Dre manages to cal calls through the chaos as his gaseous form is sucked outside through the open door. Outside he quickly assumes dragon form. Still not very big and strong, he might be able to catch one of the others ...

[sblock=OOC]

... or maybe Chirp, if he misses the javelin.

Sorry for the edit. I missed the opening of the door :(

OFFENSE
Initiative +2
Unarmed +9 Close , Damage 1
(Varies based on shape)

DEFENSE:
Dodge 7
Parry 7
Fortitude 9
Toughness 9
Will 9

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
[sblock=OoC]We have an OoC thread ya know :/
Also I just thought of something; while The Chirp can do any routine action in 1 32th the time normally needed, and even while he can run crazy fast, he would be rather short on time by the time he shoots up the building, lands on the falling Javolin, fints a way in, enters it, and then starts punting everyone out of it: basically he would need to make a grab attack(that I think we can just say won’t be resisted) and then get the grabbed person out of the Javelin, let go, and repeat; but he is still only gets one grab per turn (perhaps up to three if he is allowed to grab one person in either arm and then a third with his tail, extra limb is giving him an advantage to do that I think) but even then that would be his actions for the turn (luckily he can move both before and after an action so he can get out wily nilly :3)
As for him only being able to carry 400lb, I forget, can I just have him do a Athletics role for one more Str and bump it up to 800, more than enough to move Batgirl, Echo, and Solaris (if he can’t get all three out preference will be made for the latter two)
[Wonder girl is the most likely to just take the fall without injury or to just save herself, also, this gives us a way to write her out for however long, or short, we need to :3]

Also, was the correction to his watch ok to make cannon? :/
And the door should still be open from when Green leaped out[/sblock]

The Chirp had only managed to move bout thirty feet since he started thinking about there being no wind before he was assaulted! Three bugs went kamikaze into his gasmask and rammed it! If not for the thing he would have had two bug corpses on his upper lip, and one would have shot into his inhaling mouth and have him swallow its shattered body. ‘And people wonder why I wear a mask..’ he thought blankly while he had the short realization before he snapped out of it and looked at what he was doing again “Frak!” he clicked as he went back to his desperate thought process ‘There is no such thing as wind! There is no such thing as wind! There is no such thing as wind!’ his inner monologue evolved and resumed as he continued to adjust his trajectory.

cassius335

First Post
Maybe I can find something to grab on to...

Twisting around, Solaris began to pray... to who, he wasn't entirely sure... as he tried to find some form of purchase...

EDIT: That was supposed to be an INT roll. The Nat 1 is somehow appropriate.

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
In a moment of awesome entrance-making, Chirpy zooms up the building, backflips through the air with the greatest of ease, lands in the hole made by the crash, and proceeds to grab each of the sidekicks in the Javelin and pull them out of the way. He grabs Solaris and Echo, and Dre, and tosses them towards ledges, awnings and low roofs of nearby buildings, safely, then leaps out of the hole himself. Chirpy finds himself in a bushy tree.

Wonder Girl grabs Batgirl and begins to fly them both out the side of the plane, but an explosion rocks the Javelin's remains, and the two of them are propelled through the air and into a building's window. While Wonder Girl has clearly absorbed most of the blast, through the hole in the wall of the second story of the S.T.A.R. labs building there is no motion from either hero. Have they both succumbed?

The Javelin crashes to the ground with a huge explosion, coloring a two-page spread with oranges and reds, darkening shadowy lines across the comic book page, along with polygonal wreckage bits.

Then, turning the page over, you see floating above the wreckage the figure that had downed the plane. A great pillar of black smoke rises from the crash site, spiraling up around this floating man-thing.

The new player in this game is a young man, it seems, with short black hair in spikey patches on his head. His skin is pale white with a green tint, and his features seem to be carved as if from crystal. Green veins threaten to break the surface of his skin, especially around his eyes and on his hands. He is wearing a body suit with a large S on the chest, styled not unlike Superman's, but covered in some kind of mossy plant matter, like algae.

Goodbye! Me am... Boyzarro! Not surprised to see me.

Seeing the fiery wreckage below him, he soars down in a split second and lands in the middle of the flames. The energy dies down, seemingly absorbed into his body. As this happens, where there was once flame the wreckage is covered in a mass of plant-like algae.

Me keep secret no from you, me not swallow all energy to make sad! Yuck!

OOC: Hi all, sorry for the delay. My new job + family means I don't have lots of time to reply to stuff. I'll post once per week when I can for sure, but I read new posts every day when I can. Less time to do this stuff these days, sadly, along with all the stuff I'm up to regularly.

Chirpy: well, it's his first appearance, so I think it's not unrealistic that he awesome-sauces his way into the series.[/color]

Zerith

First Post
As The Chirp landed in the craft though the hole he felt its weight shift; everything was offline: no way could the thing recover in time from start up even if it was whole, that was not good. Meanwhile however, he was grinning like a madman beneath his mask "I'm invincible!" he yapped while striking a victory pose; however he did so with such hast that he his sentence sounded like an almost unnoticeable 'i-b', that his fists make simultaneous booms as he raised them over his head in victory and he jarred the failing javelin.
'Memo to self, do stand up as fast as possible in a moving vehicle.'
he thought to himself while he felt the reaction as he got ready to evicted the first occupant.

The man was moving to grab hold of something for dear life: if the chirp was not already use to everything being agonizingly slow he would have thought someone blasted the entire plane with a slo-mo gun. So instead of letting the man do was he intended to and cling onto the doomed craft, The Chirp denied the Solaris the privilege of hold onto something for dear life, zipped around the human with a small sonic boom, and almost tackled Solaris as he rushed Solaris towards the Javelin's open door.

Then he saw some kind of gas in the door, he could have examined it at least long enough to note its color, but he was in a falling jet: he could look at gas that was likely highly flammable jet fuel after they were out of harm's way and could watch it make a pretty boom.
So instead of looking at what it was, or what it was doing, or what sound it was slowly saying,
he stuck his head and upper body though it, raised his free hand to his eyes as if to shield them from the sun, looked left then right, while still eaning though the formation of gass, and then promptly chucked Solaris through it to where he assumed the sidekick would land safe, ish.

He then bolted back to the cockpit, he could have sworn the Goth chick was glaring at where he was a second ago while she started flying out an other side kick to safety, and it was bat girl?!? That was interesting to him but sadly he had not enough time to say anything, so instead he found there was one last person in the jet: another girl in spandex, but he did not know who she was off the top of his head, but he did realize she was not going to be moved as readily as the last guy. and that she was likely to kill him for what he had to do.

So The Chirp reached between her stomach and lap and then started groping around for the button on the buckle. Meanwhile he was pleadingly crying "Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Don't Kill Me!!! Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry!!!" as he did so and even after he released the straps, practically ripped her from her seat and then bolted back towards the open door and he knew he would have to apologize further to her latter because he realized he had a hand on her butt. Echo likely just heard some kind of insane and high pitched hiss while he apologized. Rather flush the Chirp then saw some kind of monster 'slowly' take from before him and the woman he was trying to save: it was the gas he popped his head through and chucked Solaris through earlier so impolitely. One last insanely high pitched and non-understandable hiss latter he had a brain storm: even if they survived the crash, the girl he was still holding, and he just assumed she had a shocked look on her face, was going to get a rather furious look on her face and then kill him, vengefully. He did not want to get killed, vengefully or otherwise.

In a fraction of a second, he looked to the forming Gas, Dragon, Monster, Thing, that was saying something, then he looked towards the still rather tens sidekick in his arms who seemed very, very confused, several time., Dre likely saw a bluer of his gas-mask whipping back and forth before The Chirp approached the scarily monster thing with yet an other sonic boom, stopped almost abreast to it, yipped "here" in his usual overly quick fashion that sounded more like an abbreviated grunt, while he briefly let go of Echo, raised the Gas-Dragon-Monster-Thing's feet so they faced him and were open, again grabbed Echo, who had barely moved since he let go, shoved her into it's awaiting claws, grabbed the Gas-Dragon-Monster-Thing by the torso, spun it around and then gripped it by its elongated skull and attempted to chuck it like a grossly over sized dart. 'I hope it keeps hold of her at least until she is over that awning' he thought. But then, when the path was clear, it was his turn to leap and he did so, he then noticed he forgot to look and so he also noticed he missed the roof top he was aiming for. and so he yelped "FRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---!!!!!" as he plummeted downwards only to brutalize an unsuspecting tree; he would have to see it in the botanical hospital latter and apologize.

After several more ridiculously abbreviated sentences latter, about being alive, he managed to get dropped from the tree he was in, land butt on his tail and then saw what, to him, looked like a cheap superman want to be knock off. He looked up at the figure while it spoke, and this time he waited long enough to hear what it said, all though he was awfully tempted to bolt off and grab a doughnut while it took a breath. he then saw it praticly eat the fire.

After hearing what it had left to say, in yet an other insanely quick sentence he yipped "Wh- ... H- ... Fra-"
[sblock=OoC] I'm asuming Echo is in one of the front seats, and there, in order to assume crash position, she would basically stick her face into her knees and grab her legs: and thus utterly hid the buckle, so he had to feal around for it by prodding her tummy very very quickly ^^;

Also time for others to post reactions! XD[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Downed our vessel and now posing for the public." states Green Dragon addressing the villain hovering over the remains of the ship. "You are going to pay for it, try my Dragon Spit, and suffer it's acidic fury!" the martial artist says, as he starts spinning and turning, finishing up with an outstreched arm towards the green guy, sending an orb of acid towards him, as he did with the Riddler.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post

As Dre suddenly has him hurled out of the plane with Echo hold in his hind claws, he is just able to slow their both's decent to avoid any meaningful injury. Looking around a bit dazed by everything happening so fast around him, the alien is still able to see the fire absorbing abilities of the enemy.
Deciding that the dragon form wouldn't of much use in the surely ensuring fight, he changes quickly to his Dryad stoneman shape.

I hope he is a bit weaker than the real Superboy...

[sblock=OOC]

OFFENSE
Initiative +2
Unarmed +9 Close , Damage 1
(Varies based on shape)

DEFENSE:
Dodge 7
Parry 7
Fortitude 9
Toughness 9
Will 9

[/sblock]