[M&M3e] Unconventional Heroes Vol. II, Issue 2: Fallen Angels

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
UNCONVENTIONAL HEROES

WARNING: This game is not for the easily offended. It will contain bizarre situations, crude attempts at humor/satire/parody, super-hero/comic-book tropes, internet memes, and will be BadWrongFun.

Previously...​

[sblock=Unconventional Heroes, Volume 1]
Issue I: All New, All Different.

USHA Press Release said:
ATTENTION CRIME FIGHTERS!​

The United Super Hero Alliance is currently looking for a group of heroes (4 or 5 max) to form the backbone of their newly announced West Coast Expansion team. If you interested in joining America's premiere crime fighting organization, send your audition tape to [REDACTED].

The top contenders will be given tickets to attend this years 10th Annual Powers-Xpo, at the LA Staple Center, where the finalized team will be announced during the USHA diner and reception.

After sending it audition videos to the USHA website, a group of would be super heroes found themselves invited to a the 10th Annual Powers-Xpo's. USHA reception and dinner. Unknown to our heroes, a group of eco-terrorists led by the Cluster Duck and his partner, the "Zoo-Keeper" raided the convention and turned many of the assembled guests into ducks using Duck-ification Carbines...

After a lengthy investigation, and several battles, our heroes defeated the Zoo Keeper and the Cluster Duck's minions at the Los Angeles Coliseum where they planned to assassinate the Mayor of Los Angeles.

With the assassination plat thwarted, our Heroes then headed towards Watts Towers and prevented the Cluster Duck from enacting his scheme to turn the populace of South-East into poultry. After foiling his plan, our heroes then engaged the Cluster Duck and his 4 clones and defeated them in a quick and messy battle after they turned one of the clones against their master.

With the Cluster Duck defeated, and with a Duckification Carbine in head, our heroes returned to the Staple Center and returned the victims to their human form.
[/sblock]

ISSUE 2: Fallen Angels

On Geek-TV’s Gone Viral show
“… We will conclude our weekly look at the internet with a bunch of fresh videos that have been that have cropped up in the last few hours! First off is HectorVale316’s remix of a news interview of one of the many crime-fighters attending the 10th Annual Powers Con!”

A girl in a skin-tight suit speaks to a reporter, in auto tune. "Arac-knight, he's a friend and a coworker. Yes, he's quite dashing. Yes quite dashing… O… Yes, I'm happy… O… In a relationship… I wasn't in that video. O… So how's that shot? Face.. shot.. real stars... in the movies... up here… In a… dashing… relationship.. I'm happy being super... Face... shot... O…. happy… Super... face...shot... O… o… O… happy…. Friend… O… Okay I was..in that video… O.. ".

“The next video is by Snaptastic1992, who spotted two crime fighters fighting a gorilla while at the Los Angeles Carnival!”

What appeared to be a gorilla dressed in a zoo-keeper's outfit leapt down from a wall within a dark alley and headed towards a lit building. A man in a green outfit leapt at the ape with a drop kick to the shin. “Oh snap! That gotta hurt!” The crime fighter then pokes it in the chest before a battle-suit wearing individual drags off the ape. “Quick someone play king kong off!” The video cuts to a cat playing a keyboard.

“Lastly we’re bring you to our weekly rant by the SouthSideAvenger, who went on the offensive shortly after a random villain attacked his hood.”

"Yo, check it out. Tha reason why I wazn't at Watts protecting tha hood waz cuz I waz crack'n heads in Compton. See, I heard them duck boys were runn'n those rail gunz tad a bloodz ‘n crypts so I went there ‘n put tha smack down on ‘em." The masked man lifted up a one of the Duck Thug’s feather rail-carbines. "Ya, that’s right! I got me one too son! So don't ya be diss'n me and say'n that I ain't hard or be say'n that I'm a poseur. Cuz, I ain't and here's the proof!" He fires the carbine at the wall, then points the webcam at the damage. “That’s what I thought!”

On TMZ..
"...Harvey, I decided to go to the Powers Con and I ended up running into Miranda Del Flores, and you wouldn't believe what happened next..."

The cameraman focuses on a young Latina woman in her late teens as she hurries down a crowded hall way. An unseen voice speaks, "So Miranda, why exactly are you here at Powers Con? Are you here to see some guys dressed in spandex?"

The girl turned with a laughed. "Maybe I'm here because I wanna join a super team." The sounds of several gun shots are heard as several blurred shape rip through the girl.

"Holy BEEEEP!" The camera then pans to a wall to the right of the girl, and focuses on several metallic feather shaped blades embedded in the wall, a group of feather shaped blades. "Did those those just fly through you!?!?" The camera man turned to the girl who catch a glimpse of her running through the nearby wall.

The scene cuts to a now stunned Harvey. "Wait.. are you BEEEP serious?!? Miranda del Flores, from Heart Break High is a meta-human with ghost powers?!?"

"Yeah..."

Live on the Faux 11 News...
Charlie Sheen stood behind a podium and before an assembled press core. He calmly spoke as cameras flashed pictures. "I know a there has been a lot of rumors circulating recently about my health. I would like to say, that I am more than healthy, thanks to the Sober Valley Ranch.

Using their teachings, I cured myself of drug addiction by blinking an making it be. I know you simpleton fools and trolls cannot process that with your primitive reptilian brains, but it's true. I have Adonis DNA, I am a 20th level infernal warlock Vatican assassin rock star from mars, capable of doing feats with my powers that none of you can even imagine because I sleep with goddesses and can snort 70 gram rocks as if they were nothing but air and not be affected by it as I surf through the cosmos on my silver surfboard of justice.

Now, I will give all of you a warning, especially to those would seek to do me and my family harm; I will bring my F-18 torpedoes of truth down upon you and kill you violently and crush you with my flame-breathing fists of fire. You will not pass go nor will you stop in the hospital, because I am winning with awesome epicness and am gnarly beyond belief."
He then raised his right hand which became engulfed in flames as he pointed it at the camera. "And new flash! You will never catch this fast ball of violent love...." There is a flash of light as a blast of fiery energy leaps off his hand, leading to the video feed to abruptly end.

Back in the studio, the entertainment news anchor quickly looks up with a large fake smile on her lips, "There you have it, Charlie Sheen has officially come out as a meta-human making him the second celebrity to come forward within the last 24 hours. With LA's super hero convention entering it's second day and the United Super Hero Alliance searching for a west coast team, only the gods know who else will step forward and admit they are a super-human."

The co-anchor begins to speak, "Speaking of Power's Con, we will now go live to the Staple's Center where the Mayor of Los Angeles is giving press conference!"

The Mayor of Los Angeles stood before a crowd of reporters on the steps of the Staples Center. "As you know, last night a group of Unconventional Heroes appeared and uh... saved our city from what could have been a disaster of biblical proportions. These heroes are uh... some of our city's finest citizens, and I had the honor of personally welcoming them to our city over breakfast. And while we conversed, they uh... they uh... they uh um uh assured me they were going to watch over our city and its neighboring communities and uh act as our ever so vigilant protectors... which is why they aren't here at this moment. You see, they are uh um uh on patrol, and they personally assured me that they will ah.. speak with the media in a joint press conference later today. So in the honor of those uh brave classy heroic Angelinos, I declare this day LA's Heroic Appreciation Day, so everyone uh… go out there and uh.. say thanks to the members our city’s, local crime fighting community. Thank you." The mayor smiled and waved to the cameras as he walked off the stage and hopped onto an awaiting mountain bike.

In an undisclosed location in New Hope City
The group sat within a dimly lit tavern along the northern edge of New Hope City, which is known within the local community as being owned by a former crime fighter known as the Longshoreman. Due to this distinction, the tavern if often visited by local crime-fighters both active and inactive who seek to share stories of their heroic deeds or to pick up friendly advice from seasoned veterans. Of course, like most other places known for their close association with crime fighters of past or present, the tavern often finds itself targeted by would be villains who often misjudge their ability to combat a room full of heroes.

As you watch the television you can't help to shake your head at the mayor's speech. He was lying, plain and simple, and even if he were not talking about your group, his lie was blatant in it’s transparency. However, there are more pressing issues at hand then calling out one politician’s lies like finding the source of Cluster Duck’s Weaponry, making sure they don’t to the hands of other criminals, and the identity of the Cluster Duck’s secret benefituary and preventing him from hatching another scheme.

OOC: Hurray for adventure hooks, and cameos 4tw! :D Also, if you haven’t please post your updated characters into the new rogues gallery.

Last edited:

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Psiren Int 5 Awe 7 Wil 7

Psiren grimaces at the news and at the constant reminders bleeping from her iPhone.
"I've... gone... viral. And I so don't... speak like... that."

"So, we have anything worth fighting? I'd like to break Charlie Sheen."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
"I'm not sure why he should be given any priority (or interest) at all. I'm much more interested in how they got this transformation rifles. You cannot get them at the supermarket. Have they paid for them with the stuff stolen from the convention?" A-K wonders aloud.

OOC: Found and subscribed.

Remove ads