M1: Just a Treasure Hunt?? (Bront Judging)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]DM was tired, that's why. Or everything touched by the lizard becomes evil? :) Its still p.f.g.[/sblock]

At first wary of selling precious Artifacts to the highest bidder or less than reputable types, Genithar is swayed once he realizes the Laws of Khovarian Kingdoms don't apply in the rough and tumble Frontier Town of Stormreach.

Only too happy to hang on to one of the Schemas and the Giant Sized text book on Aracana, though at the last moment, Genithar pleads with the group to also sell him the Tome about the History of the Giantish empires. It becomes quite clear that Genithar is well versed in Giantish, able to read the tomes without arcane or deciphering aids.

Once the group has exchanged their hard earned treasures for large bags of glinting Galifars, the Wizard asks the group, 'So, does anyone have any idea how much a letter of Marque might cost to Import these goods? I plan to stretch the truth a bit and say I bought them here in Stormreach…not exactly a lie, but I would prefer not to become entangled with the Brelish authorities.'

Genithar further indicates that he wishes to visit some of the more esotaric magic shops to resupply his scroll compliment and perhaps find some wonderous trinkets he might also return home with.

[sblock=ooc]
Genithar's cut:
Giantish Tomes of Arcana and History (300gp)
Schema of Summon Monster (200gp)
490gp
[/sblock]

Genithar will buy two scrolls while in Stormreach, searching for spells of great power and use. Not easily, but finally, the Wizard discovers recorded incantations of sufficient heft among the various curios, arcane bazars, and bizzare shops and purchses them.

Returning to the group, Genithar is only too happy to report he's found scrolls of Dispel Magic and Spectral Hand, a necromatic spell he'd been researching for some time.

ooc; 5gp left over after two scrolls, two know bonus books (arcane, history) and the schema of summon Monster I

Genithar seems only too happy to turn his thoughts to a victorious return with his companions, staying in the company of Corran, Shade', or both, as much as possible.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
At sunset, the group meets at the docks. Gregory is there, and leads you all back to the Seacow. The Captain was good enough to await us for our return, not that it didn't cost a pretty penny. Settle in; weather is supposed to be bad between here and Sharn.

With the sahuagin guide, navigating the Teeth was little problem, though one crewman cut open a wide gash on his arm from a loose iron. But Gregory was right. Soon after the Teeth, the seas begin to get choppy, dark clouds ringing the horizon. The rains start light that first day, but get worse on the following, rocking the boat and making even the most stout a little green.

OOC: Plans for passing the time on board?

Redclaw

First Post
Corran spends the time in quiet contemplation of the hunt and final battle, doing everything he can to forget how far away he is from solid land.

Remove ads