• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mac users - Check out my new name generator widget

Maraxle

First Post
Hello Mac users,

I am proud to announce my first ever Dashboard Widget for Mac OS X Tiger. It is the Fantasy Names generator. You can download it for free from my website. Please check it out and let me know what you think of it.

Some of you might remember my now-defunct JH NameGen program for Windows machines. Basically, I took the power of NameGen and put it into a Dashboard Widget. It can create names for dwarves, elves, orcs, taverns, ships, towns, and more!

Here's some sample names generated by it:

Taverns - The Gritty Smile, The Orc's Nephew, The Naughty Jackal Inn, The Tavern at Daldon, The King and Nomad, Little Gregander's Saloon

Dwarves - Ebbardin Dustleg, Renddain Goldbeard, Grimbard Tornol, Granite Brogoan
Spells - Oliander's Acid Bolt, Wind Sphere, Symbolic Blade, Piloniel's Illuminating Touch

Gnomes - Bimble 'Jiggerflip' Murnog, Dimmil 'Sparklewaffle' Unper, Zoodar 'Doubledigger' Turpan

Humans - Macey Bening, Carence the Strong, Dirk Rebean, Barfred the Sharkhunter, Gilley Trolldancer

Dimwhit

Explorer
Nice! Not that I have a need, but it works just fine. One issue, though. On the backside, the pull-down menu and the 'done' button both overlap some of the text, so it doesn't look so clean. But overall, it's a sharp, simple widget, which is nice.

Maraxle

First Post
Dimwhit said:
Nice! Not that I have a need, but it works just fine. One issue, though. On the backside, the pull-down menu and the 'done' button both overlap some of the text, so it doesn't look so clean. But overall, it's a sharp, simple widget, which is nice.
Hmmm... Could you possibly email me a screen shot of that? I can't get it to do that on mine. :\

If you can, please email me at webmaster <AT> jhanson <DOT> com.

Remove ads