• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mac Users Identify Yourselves!

Dimwhit

Explorer
So Mirthcard, are we keeping all the Mac discussion to this thread? That could get lengthy eventually. I vote we form a lobby, name you as President, and get Morrus to add a Mac-only forum. :)

Mirth

Explorer
Dimwhit said:
So Mirthcard, are we keeping all the Mac discussion to this thread? That could get lengthy eventually. I vote we form a lobby, name you as President, and get Morrus to add a Mac-only forum. :)

Well, I'm not sure a Mac-only forum is warranted. After all, this thread only just now hit its second page. Let's see how quickly this thread builds and play it by ear for right now.

As for naming me President, I prefer MacDaddy ;) :rolleyes: :D

Galastro

First Post
mirthcard said:
Well, I'm not sure a Mac-only forum is warranted. After all, this thread only just now hit its second page. Let's see how quickly this thread builds and play it by ear for right now.

As for naming me President, I prefer MacDaddy ;) :rolleyes: :D

I say: "Cthulhu for President" ;-)

//galastro

Guru

First Post
mirthcard said:
Howdy!
Here's a roll call for those that are interested:
scholz
DM_Matt
Galastro
Steve Jung
Dimwhit
emergent
Aeolius
Drengy
dvvega
John Crichton
barsoomcore
Femerus the Gnecro
mirthcard

Add me in.

Name: Guru
Origin: Sweden

Skills:
Played RPGs since 1977 (D&D, then AD&D, and about 20 others, like DragonQues, JB 007, Warhammer fantasy roleplaying, DareDevils to name a few), and have all first edition AD&D books (including Fiend Folio with Cthulhu Myhtos). Been a mac user sine 1984 and mac programmer since 1987. Independent Mac consultant.

Current State:
Currently not playing much RPGs at all, except "James Bond", but raised my now 11 years old son to be a good player.

[Brag]
Best AD&D character:
Wield Al'Ahazared, human Druid, Level 10, which amused himself with call lightning on anyone who took a shortcut through the flowers or didn't pay enough respect for the birds.

Best personal AD&D achivement:
Winner of the title "Best DungeonMaster" at GothCon-88 in the AD&D tournament.

Current RPG stuff going on:
Working to put together a fastpaced, yet realistic RPG system (Rules yet in Swedish only) based on 26 years of gaming experience.

[/Brag]

// Guru

Last edited:

RC Hagy

Explorer
User circa 1997...

B&W 350mhz G3 upgraded to 1 gig of ram.

Donated old faithful to sons school when my tricked out Dual 1.42gig hit my doorstep...

Two weeks later the 'accident' happend on Apple's website... we all know what occurred then (I am only venting because I waited almost two years to see if I could get 4 gigs of ram... to find out I could have 8+ !?!?!).

Anyways... the only thing I miss from my wintel days is X-COM... and I would not go back even for that!
>edit< Since I mentioned wintels, GameSpy has had a Mac gaming article every once in while since spring or so. Up to the seventh and I have found them interesting.

GameSpy Articles: Mac Gaming Column

RC Hagy
Vermont

(shameful plug here... check the gallery [link in sig] for my first map which was 2+ years in the making... and why 4 gigs of ram is still needed! annnnd Made on a Mac, of course)

Last edited:

zero skill LPB

First Post
add another to the growing throng

I work on Macs. I have a half dozen or so seeing frequent use around the house and a HUGE number crunching away at FireWire stuff at work.

But I also own a Win box for gaming, 'cause, y'know. :D

dvvega

Explorer
Aeolius said:
Ye olde Mac vs. PC debate has reared its ugly head, over in the Off Topic Forum at wizards.com, feel free to hop in.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99624

To sum it up, someone is upset that Quark 4 crashes in Classic mode all the time. Can you say "upgrade"? :D

The problem isn't with Quark, but Classic mode. There are certain things that cannot be run under Classic mode and require a seperate bootable Mac OS 9.

It's easy to set up. I don't like people blaming an OS or a function of the OS without researching the problem (Windows OR Mac OS).

Mirth

Explorer
Welcome to Guru, RC Hagy and zero skill LPB!

I just got back from vacation today and updated the main list. I'll try to add something worthwhile to the conversation tomorrow.

Jay

Remove ads