• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mac Users Identify Yourselves!

Mirth

Explorer
Updated the list on the first page finally. Sorry to let this page go slack, but I've been working on my Master's in Lit for the last few weeks (months?) Turned in my thesis on Monday and I'm just waiting for the graduate school to accept it, so now I can get back to duties on ENWorld.

BTW, I recently ran across barsoomcore's swashbuckling cards and they are friggin' fantastic. Have you ever thought about running a PbP game here, bsc? Let me know if you do...

Mirth

Explorer
Finally got a reply from Morrus about the possibility of a separate Mac subforum here.

Since we won't be getting one anytime soon, I propose that we start individual threads in the Software etc forum with [Mac], [Macintosh] or [Apple] as a header in the title.

Thoughts?

LRonKnieval

First Post
Just wanted to add my name to the list of mac users.
I have several of the little beasts around my house including an apple ][e that is still quite functional.

Dundjinni on Mac

Just thought I'd let the Mac users know that Dundjinni mapping and adventure software will be released in a Mac version in October. In case you're not familiar with the product, here's a sample map created with the software:
DE4_TentEncounter02.jpg

You can see more of what the program can do in our maps forum .

Mirth

Explorer
LRonKnieval said:
Just wanted to add my name to the list of mac users.
I have several of the little beasts around my house including an apple ][e that is still quite functional.

Added to the list. Welcome!

mindy from fluid said:
Just thought I'd let the Mac users know that Dundjinni mapping and adventure software will be released in a Mac version in October.

Sounds great, Mindy. Any word on minimum system requirements? Need us to beta test it for you? The screenshot looks fantastic.

Speaking of looking fantastic, the new G5 iMac is out. Discuss.

dvvega

Explorer
The new iMac is lush ... I use the 20" Powerbook G4 personally, however by specs you could probably fit one of those babys in my Crumpler laptop bag :)

Only problem is you need to get an external keyboard/mouse. Ooooooor get a USB Wacom Pen that writes on any surface :)

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Another One

I'm a dual platform user. I have two Wintel machines and one Linux box. My favorite machines are my two macs though.

My 15" Powerbook and my G4 17" imac are my babies.

All my gaming stuff is done on those two machines as I recently discovered Crystal Ball (for D&D) and bought the newest Hero Designer (for HERO). I've been collecting art from the Wizards site and scanning in the various pictures of Heroes and villians from my HERO games books to attach to thier respecitve character stats in HD. I also have most all of my PDF's and a couple of Hyperlinked versions of the SRD on my macs as well. I think that in a week or two I'm gonna try running my HERO and D&D games from my Powerbook. I think I'm gonna have a full blown Gaming data center by the end of the year. I work on my Wintel PC's but I play on my macs :)

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Dimwhit said:
It's the 'KdbWatcher.crash.log' file. And it's already back up to 1 GB in size again! Anyone know much about that log file and why it gets so large so quickly?
It appears to be a keyboard driver of some sort -- or possibly a log that gets written by a component that interacts with keyboard drivers somehow.

This Page has one entry on your issue -- search the page for "KdbWatcher" and you'll find it. Looks like a similar problem to yours, but dependent on a particular third-party keyboard. That's the ONLY Google result I get for KdbWatcher, though, so this must be a pretty rare problem.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Mirth said:
I recently ran across barsoomcore's swashbuckling cards and they are friggin' fantastic. Have you ever thought about running a PbP game here, bsc? Let me know if you do...
You're on the list, Mirth. But no promises. Like I don't have enough to do these days...

:D

Glad you find the cards useful, though. They're lots of fun, no kidding.

DrSpunj

Explorer
mindy from fluid said:
Just thought I'd let the Mac users know that Dundjinni mapping and adventure software will be released in a Mac version in October.

:eek: :D

COOL!

A member of one of my gaming groups just got this as a gift for her Windoze machine, and I'd just spent some time looking through the site about a week before that (the front page add finally got to me!). I downloaded the trial version on the Dell I have at work and was interested in the program. The only thing I could on the website was a little blurb (maybe in the FAQ) stating Linux & Mac versions were being considered. I'm very excited to hear that a Mac version is close to becoming a reality.

I'm lucky enough to have a 2.5 G5 system coming (at some point, anyway, given the backlog, but it's worth waiting for since I'm still typing on my G3 B&W) and look forward to Dundjinni being one of my earliest software purchases for the new machine (along with World of Warcraft! ;) )!

Thanks for the good news! :cool:

DrSpunj

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads