• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mac] What's your favorite Mac web browser?

Enforcer

Explorer
Hello fellow Mac people, I'm relatively new to the ranks. I'm wondering what you Mac people use for your web browser (OS 10) and why. The choices I've found so far are: Safari, Camino, Firefox, and Opera. I've rejected IE because of security flaws and because the Mac version of IE doesn't support my Gmail.

Before my Dell laptop committed ritual suicide, I was using Firefox, and loved it, but it seems slower than Safari. I definitely like tabbed browsing, which all of the above support, but I thought I'd ask more experienced members of the Cult of Mac for your thoughts. If this has been discussed in the HUGE mac users thread, you have my apologies--I just didn't want to sift through that leviathan.

RC Hagy

Explorer
I have been using Camino 0.8.1 For about three months and really enjoy it. It was designed with the Mac OS look in mind... at least the 10.2 look. It uses the Address book and opens Mail to send links, unlike Netscape which was totally stand alone. It also alllows me to adjust the colors of fonts and background.

Pretty stable and at least worth a try. Safari is my backup.

Hagy

Purple

First Post
I use Mozilla and have been very happy with it. One of these days I'll give Firefox a try, but I'm ok without it for now.

I can't seem to figure out how to get my bookmarks from Mozilla to Safari, so that's right out, for me.

Lee

Dimwhit

Explorer
Safari. I haven't had a site recently that didn't play friendly with it (including my banking site), but I keep Camino on hand just in case.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't I.E. been dead for the Mac going on two years now, or is Microsoft still updating it?

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I'm pretty much all Safari, all the time. The bookmarking and history interface is so lovely, and it's got strong CSS support. I haven't come across a problematic site in eons.

But Firefox is a fine, fine browser.

Enforcer

Explorer
I was using Camino for the past few days. It's blindingly fast, but I think I'm going to stick with Safari. Firefox does have one feature that I wish Safari had though: you can open pages into new tabs from the folders on your bookmarks bar.

Breakdaddy

First Post
I prefer Firefox, mainly because of the extensions I can add to it. When Im not using firefox, I enjoy Shiira quite a bit for its easy middle-click tabbed browsing functionality, especially if you are using Sidetrack to extend the functionality on your track pad (assuming you are using an Albook like mine)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads