• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maddgoths Castle (Chapter 2)

Voadam

Legend
If not to late to change my action Konrad will grab one of the tentacles (improved grab+15 grapple) and try to yank the beastie down into melee range.

zevon

First Post
Asher closes his eyes and attempts to focus on the pertinent green for aid.

[sblock] I attempt to cast guidance on Erik...If I am not in touch range then I attempt to Wild Shape (large) into a carniverous ape and attempt to break free.[/sblock]

*edited to actual animal, sorry about the mix-up, still learning.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
"I know you want to use those big teeth, so come on down here you lurking, ambushing, ugly coward!" Konrad says as he strains to yank the monstrous beast from its clinging perch.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Asher casts a spell and Erik feels more confidant. He and Konrad both pull together on the rubbery tentacles, and the creature strains against them but remains attached to the ceiling. Theo’s wand blazes again – to no effect. The creature seems nearly immune to magic. Melkof knowing his magic is useless – will rummage through his back pack and fling a vial at the creature – The vial bursts open an the stalactite begins to burn fiercely – the burning oil drips down, but has cooled by the time it splatters on Erik and Konrad

Konrads pulling does keep him from being dragged into the air, partially thanks to his dwarven stability, while Erik is hauled up into the air and is now dangling 10 above the ground. Asher and Melkof are now directly below the beast, standing next to Konrad.
Erik - the creatures maw opens and closes hungrily as you are drawn towards it.

[Sblock]
Melkof 7+5 hit (dmg 5+2= 7)
Konrad hit 15, Erik 14 hit Grapple - 11+18= 29, Stactite 15+18= 33
2nd attempt - Konrad 12+13 vs 15+18 fails.
Theo 9+7 hit (SR nat 20 failed)
Str checks to resist drag Konrad 21, Erik 13
Stalactie @ -7hp
[/sblock]
Initiative Order: Asher 11, Melkof 5, Erik 21, Konrad 20, Theo 17, Stalactite 16

Last edited:

Endovior

First Post
ooc: Damnation, didn't notice this had started. Ah, well, my fault entirely.

Curses... I can't rely on Alchemical Fire to fight this thing, I don't nearly have enough of it... how can you beat what is immune to your power? Ahh, of course... indirectly.

Melkolf summons a Swarm of Bats into the space occupied by the Roper.

Scotley

Hero
Theobold Dwarven Cleric

Theobold shakes his head, "looks like this is gonna be harder than I thought." He slips the wand back into its sheath and raises his holy symbol while chanting a prayer to his god.

OOC: Fly spell on self. Next round he plans to fly up and attack with his Aspergillum (+9/+4 Melee, +1 Heavy Mace, 1d8+1, 20/x2). I'll be traveling tomorrow and likely won't get to post until late.

zevon

First Post
Asher closes his eyes and a brief vision of a perceptive breeze spins through his mind as he seeks assistance from the Green once again.

[Sblock]
Asher casts Summon Nature's Ally II. A small wind elemental in the vicinity of the Roper.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ion

Explorer
Erik Barrow
[SIZE=-2]Human Fighter 8 stats[/SIZE]

[imagel]http://homepage.usask.ca/~rad764/dnd/erik-avatar.jpg[/imagel]

Dangling in midair, Erik shouts to the rest of the adventurers. "I don't think this plan is working very well. How the hell are we going to hurt this thing?"

[sblock]If the creature drags Erik close enough, he'll attack it with everything he's got, if it leaves him dangling in mid air, he'll try and attack the tentacle holding him above the ground in an attempt to get free[/sblock]

Remove ads