• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magazines (Dungeon & Dragon) buy? subscribe?

How do you get the official magazines?

• I neither buy nor subscribe to Dragon & Dungeon magazines

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • I only buy Dragon

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I only buy Dungeon

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I buy both magazines

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • I subscribe to Dragon but do not get Dungeon

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I subscribe to Dungeon but do not get Dragon

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I buy Dragon and subscribe to Dungeon

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I buy Dungeon and subscribe to Dragon

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I subscribe to both magazines

Votes: 40 44.0%

Little poll here, just wanted to know how people got (if they do) their "official" magazines...

Edit so the question is clear: it doesn't matter how often you buy a magazine, it's only important if you do.

(oh, yeah, and I aslo wanted to know if I could post a poll :D - looks like I can)

Feel free to add nuances in your posts!

TS

I buy Dragon sometimes, Dungeon even more sparingly, although I subscribed for a couple of years (now it's more expensive for me to subscribe than to simply buy the magazines...)

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
you forgot the other "official" magazines like White Dwarf or Imagine or ODDities or the Strategic Review or The Dragon or Polyhedron as a stand alone.

though i haven't subscribed for some time to Dragon. i have maintained my Dungeon. i stopped buying White Dwarf in the mid 80's. and Imagine seemed to just stop one day.

i now read ODDities regularly online.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I had let both subscriptions to Dragon and Dungeon lapse, but recently renewed my Dragon subscription after buying it at my local game store for a few months. I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription to Dungeon, as it has become of less and less value to me.

Arnwyn

First Post
I subscribe to both - it's cheaper, and delivered right to my door.

Dragon hasn't fallen off in quality enough to make me not want it, so I'm still okay with its occassional brilliant issues (April 2003, woo!).

I still get Dungeon because I like the adventures, what with my very busy life. Even with the drek that is Poly chained to it, Dungeon *still* holds value for me (and I love the subscriber extras, thank you very much!). Further, with the proposed upcoming changes and enhancements to Poly, it looks like I shall be continuing my subscription for some time to come.

diaglo said:
you forgot the other "official" magazines like White Dwarf or Imagine or ODDities or the Strategic Review or The Dragon or Polyhedron as a stand alone.

though i haven't subscribed for some time to Dragon. i have maintained my Dungeon. i stopped buying White Dwarf in the mid 80's. and Imagine seemed to just stop one day.

i now read ODDities regularly online.

I asked about Dragon and Dungeon because I assume that those are the most "popular" magazines. They're also the "official" magazines of D&D...

As for the other magazines you mentioned, the problem is, I've never read/seen them... :\

TS

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I've quit buying Dragon but I will pick up the occasional Dungeon mag if they have a good LGJ or Star Wars section....so far that's been one magazine. Is Star Wars and LGJ still going to be in Polyhedron?

Welverin

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
Is Star Wars and LGJ still going to be in Polyhedron?

Yes, Erik mentioned in a recent thread that one of the reason he was (at least considering) cutting back on the number of mini games in a year was to have more room for LGJ and SW articles.

Kryndal Levik

First Post
I currently subscribe to both, but I'll be letting my subscription to Dungeon lapse this fall (after 6-7 years). If there's improvement in the magazine- and I honestly hope there will be- I'll be the first in line to subscribe again... I'm just not getting my money's worth out of the magazine anymore.

Remove ads