Mage:the Awakening is out. Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Mage: The Awakening is clearly a clever derivative of D&D 3rd Edition, and the similarities show in a lot of ways...

*ducks and runs for cover*

hong

WotC's bitch
Umbran said:
You're comparing something you've little 3experience with

3experience n. The revelatory feeling encountered when a gamer finds a new, improved version of an obsolete ruleset to which sentimental value is nonetheless attached. From 3E + experience, referring to the 3rd EditionTM©® of the Dungeons and DragonsTM©® game by Wizards of the CoastTM©®. "You're comparing something you've little 3experience with to something for which you've old and fond memories."

Turjan

Explorer
Jürgen Hubert said:
Mage: The Awakening is clearly a clever derivative of D&D 3rd Edition, and the similarities show in a lot of ways...
:D

That's probably a universally applicable sentence :D;). A classic quote, mein Herr :).

Last edited:

Turjan

Explorer
hong said:
From 3E + experience, referring to the 3rd EditionTM©® of the Dungeons and DragonsTM©® game by Wizards of the CoastTM©®.
Have you looked into Ultimate Rifts, lately :D?

teitan

Legend
Infernal Teddy said:
You know, that might actually be worth buying the damn book - just to make that swap... ;)

I'm 100% serious. I think the nWOD rules make for a much better modern game with tweaks to the Morality system and the like. Don't get me wrong, I like D20 Modern but it has sat on my shelf since the day it was released (has some shelf wear on the top and bottom of the spine, the other two books are in grat shape) heck, I might even throw in a few other unused goodies like the Dark Matter issue of Poly and Dark Matter setting book for Alternity...

Jason

tetsujin28

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:

*ducks and runs for cover*
Dude, quite doing that whilst I'm drinking! :D

Macbeth

First Post
I've never played Mage before, but this new edition has me more interested then any pervious incarnation... So I have to ask, from anybody familiar with both systems: How does Mage stack up to Ars Magica?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads