Mage: The Awakening PbP - Preludes

Tokiwong

First Post
Asimov sits brooding for a long moment before he looks up, his hands making a few discrete mudras. He looks at each mage carefully, each in turn feeling the prickle of someone staring at them in turn. He relaxes stroking his chin.

“I will contact Starbuck… tell her what happened,” he sighs as if dreading the situation, “I got a long night ahead of me. I am sorry you had to see me this way. I wanted to make a good impression on Thessaly, and I definitely did not want to attack her or any of you.”

He stands, “I hope you don’t feel to put out if I ask you to go on your way. I have a few phone calls to make, and I would rather maintain some privacy. But rest assured if you ever need a favor just let me know, I really owe you… all of you big time.”

Both Morrigan and Daniel can see with their mage sight, the nuances of a covert spell that Asimov cast on himself. He stands opening the door, making sure that Thessaly is alright. Asimov speaks, “You folks should get some rest. I am sorry you had to come out here for all this confusion.”

Aenion

First Post
"I think that would be for the best," Morrigan replies when Asimov tells them he'll call Starbuck. She plays with one of her lead coins between her fingers before she flips it up, one side depicting the Atlantean symbol for death, the other the pentacled star. She follows its movements as it tolls in the air. It lands in the palm of her hand with the star face up, briefly revealing the strands of fate connecting the people in the room to her.

ooc: Casting improvised Fate spell: Interconnections, 4 dice

Morrigan gets up without any fuss when Asimov ushers them out, "Make sure to get some rest yourself," she advices him, "A tired mind is less capable of resisting demonic influences," the last part sounds more like a warning.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Still a bit dazed, Thessaly nods at Asimov's words and assures him, "It's all right. You weren't yourself. And it really wasn't that bad. Anyway...yeah, we should go, but we'll see you again. Get some rest!" She manages a smile for him as they pile out the door...

Once outside, she turns to the others, looking aghast.

"Demons? I think I'm confused. He was talking like he was possessed, but he also mentioned 'inner demons' and things. So which is it? And how can there be real demons if there isn't a Hell?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Morrigan gets 1 success on casting her Interconnections spell. She gets 2 successes on a Wits + Empathy + Fate roll to identify the connections between people.

Morrigan’s coin lands in her hand, and instantly the strands that interconnect the fates of peoples, things, and ideas become visible to her like shimmering threads. The thread between Daniel and Asimov is stronger then the connection Asimov has with Morrigan and Thessaly.

Morrigan can see a thread that leads from Asimov to a closed door on the opposite side of the room, it is strong and vibrant. She sees her own thread closely tied with Daniel and Thessaly, but there is a thread from Thessaly and Daniel that leads away from the home and off into the night back towards town.

The world is filled with connections…

Aenion

First Post
"Curious," Morrigan mumbles as she gets up, A wife? A loved one? Or maybe a book or an item that got him to call forth his inner demon? she wonders, remembering the taint of death that surrouned Asimov when he first stepped outside, The lock on that door doesn't look too solid doesn't it? Now what if force would be applied to it at the right time, like a gust of wind from an opening door? Or maybe a broom sliding against it? Someone knocking over a chair? an imago begins to form in her mind, she flips the coin up again this time catching it in midair and pocketing it without looking at it. She doubted it would work, but sometimes you just had to have Fate.

ooc:
Improvised Fate spell "Shifting the Odds" hoping for a lucky break that allows her a peek beyond the door. 4 dice It's probably a bit much for Fate 2

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
"Curious," Morrigan mumbles as she gets up, A wife? A loved one? Or maybe a book or an item that got him to call forth his inner demon? she wonders, remembering the taint of death that surrouned Asimov when he first stepped outside, The lock on that door doesn't look too solid doesn't it? Now what if force would be applied to it at the right time, like a gust of wind from an opening door? Or maybe a broom sliding against it? Someone knocking over a chair? an imago begins to form in her mind, she flips the coin up again this time catching it in midair and pocketing it without looking at it. She doubted it would work, but sometimes you just had to have Fate.

ooc:
Improvised Fate spell "Shifting the Odds" hoping for a lucky break that allows her a peek beyond the door. 4 dice It's probably a bit much for Fate 2
Morrigan gently nudges fate in the right direction, calling down the mystery of Fate and allowing it to flow through her as an instrument, but then taking that flow and massaging it to a positive end for herself. Asimov holds the door open and a black cat races in and bumps the back door, slipping into the room. The door slides back revealing a study, with several tomes sitting on a desk and a patio. With her Mage Sight still in effect she can see what looks to be the flowing energy of a hallow.

But her vision is focused on the thread that entwines itself with a tome on the desk and Asimov. Asimov sighs in frustration, “That damn cat, I swear my neighbors must love to torment with her. He groans, “I hope she isn’t making a mess again…” he lets go of the door and gets the cat returning after a few moments with the critter in hand.

Morrigan spends 2 mana, one for Improvised Spell, another 1 for using this effect. She is now down to 5 mana. She rolls 1 success on the improvised spell, and it is successful.

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Goodnight, Asimov, and take care. Heed Morrigan's advice, and While you have to be alone for this kind of practice, make sure you have someone to check on you and see if it's all ok. See you around."

"Demons? I think I'm confused. He was talking like he was possessed, but he also mentioned 'inner demons' and things. So which is it? And how can there be real demons if there isn't a Hell?"

"We all carry around our own heaven and hell. Mastigos believe that they become stronger if they face and master the darkest part of themselves. But the demons of the mind, one's own sins, can be every bit as terrifying as real ones."

Daniel's jaw tenses, as he think of the thunderbolts searing his soul.

"Nice dagger, Morrigan. I'm glad you didn't have to use it."

Aenion

First Post
Morrigan was a bit surprised herself when the cat shot inside, she hadn't expected her spell to work. She would have to study that tome someday, find out why Asimov was so obsessed with it, "I'll drop her off for you, if you want," she proposes when he returns with the black cat, she takes the cat from him, murmuring, "Good kitty," it always paid to treat Fate's messengers with kindness. Once he closes the door, she kisses the critters furry head and puts it on the ground with a whispered thanks.

She returns her concentration to Thessaly's questions, "I don't know much about demons personally. But Krishna always described them as the manifestations of the darker side of the Supernal. All I know for sure is that dealing with them is dangerous at best and should never be undertaken lightly."

She nods at Daniel and answers simply, "So am I... I could do with a cup of coffee right now."

Last edited:

Remove ads