• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic arrow help

Arcanus

First Post
The only thing stopping me from playing a 16th level archer character is the lack of magic arrows.

Having around 5 attacks or more from a bow per round will seriously diminish my supply of magic arrows.
How can I get craploads of arrows enchanted without having to
depend on spellcasters of the group ("they don't have the spell")
This is a magic item heavy campaign where the bad guys can do whatever you can and have whatever you can think of.

I was thing along the lines of a Ring of Spell Storing or Ioun Stones of Spell Storing with greater magic weapon cast in them.

Is there anyway that my Quiver of Ehlonna could be enchanted to
cast a +5 Greater Magic Weapon on them so many times a day?
What would this take to make?

Arcanus

First Post
What would the game effects be for permanent Ironwood arrows?

Seeing how Ironwood makes it as strong as steel would the arrows be more resistent to damage when fired?
Would they survive hits against targets instead of being destroyed?

Any ideas on how to get the most use out of magic arrows?

bret

First Post
Take one or two levels of Sorcerer, then use a Wand of Greater Magic Weapons.

Take several levels of Rogue, then use a Wand of Greater Magic Weapons with your Use Magic Device skill.

Take the leadership feat and get a spellcaster who will cast Greater Magic Weapon for you. At your level, it could even be a cleric doing it.

Go with the Arcane Archer PrC. Then all your arrows would have a bonus to them.

Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head.

Arcanus

First Post
Okay the group we are in are all mercenary type personas.
Everyone has their own agenda to perform along the way of what we were hired to do.

Nobody knows what everyone else is capable of.
You have to watch and listen to what they say and do.
Not one of the spellcasters know GMW.
Arcane Archer in my opinion is only cool for the enchantment abilities.

I might have to add a level of Cleric to get the using wands option. Might even get some cool feats too.
Hell doing that would give me 9 classes total.

Any ideas on the Ironwood arrows and how they might be reused after hitting their targets?

Arcanus

First Post
okay good point - mad gulag

completely overlooked that part in the spell description.

What if someone made me Ironwood arrows and then I had them enchanted to +5 and they had somone also figure out a way for them to weigh less?

any ideas on how to permanently change their weight?

Jeph

Explorer
Are you leveling up, or making this character from scratch? If from scratch . . .

WARNING: What follows is munchkinism in it's most EEEVIL form.

Go Cleric 15, Shiba Protector 1. Then you can cast GMW yourself. Prepare at least 2 a day; 1 for the bow and 1 for the arrows. Get your Wisdom to at least 30 (not that hard with magic items), so that your shiba protector level grants you +10 to attack and damage (evil, isn't it? :D). Don't worry about BAB, there's that Rightous Might spell. Get Manyshot, and an item of Haste. Whoop-de-do, look at me, I can move and fire 8 arrows a round at +30, each dealing 2d6+24.

If you really want to know how to make a horrid archer, check out Sultons of Smack. :cool:

Arcanus

First Post
where is the shiba protector?

I was wanting to stay away from clerics.
I don't want to be the parties bitch when it comes to healing and stuff. I want to be free to do whatever.

On the other hand I don't have to tell them that I am a cleric, now do I.........

Jeph

Explorer
Shiba Protector is the Phoenix Bushi in OA. It's in the Rokugan setting, since it's setting-specific, your GM most likely won't let you take it. still incredibly cheap, though. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads