• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Fang Question

zyzzyr

First Post
Hi all,

If this is cast on a dire bear with 2 claw attacks, does it affect only 1 claw, or both?

If this is cast on a druid wildshaped into a bear, does it persist if he wildshapes back to a human - now perhaps it is on his hand? And then when wildshaped into a tiger ... does it continue? Or does it end when the wildshape ends?

Damn. I had another question too but now I can't remember it.

zyzzyr

Ziggy

First Post
From the SRD:
Magic fang gives one natural weapon of the subject a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls. The spell can affect a slam attack, fist, bite, or other natural weapon. (The spell does not change an unarmed strike’s damage from subdual damage to normal damage.) If the character is a good druid, the natural weapon is considered blessed, which means it has special effects on certain creatures.

It's not 100% clear, but I would say that it only affects one claw, as the spell only affects one natural weapon (not a type of natural weapons).

AFAIK spells persist with wildshape, so you would keep your Magic Fang (claw) after wildshape. But I would rule that it only has any impact if you have that type of attack, so it would work for the tiger but not in your natural form (unless it has claws).

.Ziggy

Dr. Zoom

First Post
zyzzyr said:
If this is cast on a dire bear with 2 claw attacks, does it affect only 1 claw, or both?
One claw.

If this is cast on a druid wildshaped into a bear, does it persist if he wildshapes back to a human - now perhaps it is on his hand? And then when wildshaped into a tiger ... does it continue? Or does it end when the wildshape ends?
It continues until the duration expires.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads