• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Item assistance

chakken98

First Post
Hello all

I've been in the process of creating a few magic items and I came to a halt when I could not figure the price for adding a feat to an item, or an additional ability (ie this item allows you to control double the amount of HD of undead.)

I've got all the pricing of the items other then that completed, just wondering if there is a set method to do this or if its all up to the DM. If there is a set method where is it?

Thanks

BlackSeed_Vash

Explorer
According to the AEG (pg 128) most feats cost 10000gp for the feat itself and an additional 5000-10000gp for each prerequisite feat.

ENWorld really should have a FAQ sticky and put this in the top 10.

Nail

First Post
A "feat" can cost anywhere between 5,000 to 25,000 gp, depending on the utility of the feat. It really is your call.

foxwick

First Post
BlackSeed_Vash said:

That would appear to go against their business model. With no FAQs and no free searching, they encourage endless repetition and unnecessary site activity (which no doubt helps the bottom line through advertising, not to mention those who tire of it and pay for search).

chakken98

First Post
BlackSeed_Vash said:
According to the AEG (pg 128) most feats cost 10000gp for the feat itself and an additional 5000-10000gp for each prerequisite feat.

Thanks, and I agree with the sticky...maybe a general question sticky as alot of general questions such as these pop up alot.

Nail

First Post
Given how often the rules of 3.xe change (erratta, WotC FAQ, RotG articles, Sage Advice, CustServe responses...:)), a FAQ of this board's contents would quickly become meaningless and out-of-date.

glass

(he, him)
foxwick said:
That would appear to go against their business model. With no FAQs and no free searching, they encourage endless repetition and unnecessary site activity (which no doubt helps the bottom line through advertising, not to mention those who tire of it and pay for search).
The trouble is, there is often considerable debate as to the correct answer, so in a lot of cases an FAQ sticky would just be one long argument.

And as for searching, it is expensive in terms of computer power. When everything else is free,
it seems a little off to complain about the one thing you have to pay for.

glass.

Nail

First Post
glass said:
And as for searching, it is expensive in terms of computer power. When everything else is free,
it seems a little off to complain about the one thing you have to pay for.
QFT.

(says.. the member who has paid up already and therefore has Search.) :heh:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
foxwick said:

Business Model? You have got to be kidding me. You think this site makes a fortune or something? That this is some major corporation trying to suck you bone dry of your last gaming dollar? Please. This board is run at great expense by a guy who gives up a huge portion of his life just to keep it going. He charges only for the very few things he basically has to (because they take a lot of computer power and hence a lot of money to run), and one of those very few things is searching. Many boards have no search command at all.

You would have to be a pretty ungratefull guy to be complaining about this FREE board.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads