• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic item help

Arcanus

First Post
How could you make this item and what would the enhancement cost be.

A weapon that is permanently invisible and has displacement cast on it that only the owner can see it.

So this weapon could get attacke alot less by sundering warriors and telekinesis using wizards. I am sick of getting my weapons broken and ripped out of my hands. either yanked or disarmed.

Xarlen

First Post
Can a person who is Displaced be hit with telekinetic stuff? Can he be struck? Yes.

It won't stop the sundering, just offer a miss chance. It won't stop a Telekinesis.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Locked Gauntlets to stop Telekinsis from ripping you sword out of your hands. And make your sword like +5, that should stop the sundering till Epic level

Arcanus

First Post
Okay locked gauntlets work on melee weapons, and then you get screwed when you need to drink a potion in a hurry or grab something quick. Not to mention you still are screwed when your weapon gets sundered and you have it attached to your locked gauntlet. I have had this happen.

I know the weapon will be a target still even if it is displaced and invisible. But the miss chance is still there, and it also keeps pesky rogues at bay also. I want both spells on it in case someone can already see invisible things the displacement will still be there. I have thought about having the weapon store a mirror image spell like effect that only worked on the weapon itself.

Acid attacks still can hurt a +5 metal weapon even better than sundering. I also have had this happen and have had a weapon targeted with a disinegrate spell and failed saving throws for it.
I fail item saves more than I fail my own saves.

The unhand spell from Monte Cook has also stolen the weapon from me before. that time though I only failed my roll by 1 and I was being penalized from sleeping in my armor 2 nights in a row.

The worst thing a character fears is losing levels or possesions.
I have ran from fights when the bad guy is a Fiendish Rust monster. Or some other vile thing that ruins your weapons and armor, like puddings, jellies and slimes.

Xarlen

First Post
Then how about this.

Commission a mage to create you a special weapon. +1 ability makes it UNSUNDERABLE. Then, ask him to allow it to be Teleported to your hand 1/day.

Or, get an adamantite weapon.

Taren Seeker

First Post
Take 3 levels in planar champion.

You can convert your weapon into a force effect whenever you want for as long as you want. That'll at least stop sunders and rust and acid attacks.

Otherwise, there's the Calling enhancement (MoF?) that lets you summon the weapon (or armor, which appears around you all fitted properly, help you with your sleeping problem) directly to your hand if it's ripped from you or disarmed.

Then I would talk to your DM about not breaking your stuff all the time. Seriously, you've had WAY too many problems with this. If your DM gets off on doing stuff like this you're probably screwed anyways, since he'll block any custom enchantments you can think of to remove his favorite tricks.

As for Disintegrate rays...well, not much to help you with there. I just hope that you remember that items you possess save as you do. If you have a good fort save then you have a chance. Why an enemy mage would blow a disintegrate on your sword rather than you is beyond me.

edit: changed 2 levels to 3. Still an awesome class though.

Last edited:

Arcanus

First Post
Thanks your ideas are alot better than mine this should help alot.
Also maybe I can get a Lay on the Hilt ability for my weapon that can repair damage done to it.

My DM doesn't get off on breaking our stuff, it might seem that way. But he ususually does it to prove that we should devote all of our time and resources to one particular magic item.
I always ALWAYS choke when it comes to saving throws for my items or most of the time when it is a save or die roll for me.

However I did get lucky on a deck of many things, the guy who drew after me lost all his possessions while I got a wish.

Thanee

First Post
Or just use Gloves of Storing. This way the other guy needs to ready on you to sunder your weapon (not worth it, usually).

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Arcanus said:
I always ALWAYS choke when it comes to saving throws for my items or most of the time when it is a save or die roll for me.

You value your possessions higher than your life!? ;)

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads