• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic item values and buying/selling Q

I go with 50% with the caveat that when the party sells their loot, it takes the better part of a day. Tracking down buyers, haggling over prices, et cetera.

I'm currently in a game where, due to magic becoming cursed, the supply for magic items has started to dry up. We can sell for 75% but the merchants charge up to 125%. We get less coinage in this game and tend to gain more consumable magic items, such as potions, instead.

I've also played in a game where we sold magic items for 100%. We got less loot overall to compensate for that. Masterwork stuff sold for 50% and mundane sold for 25%, provided it was worth at least X gp. The DM didn't want us taking all the random daggers and longswords we came across I guess.

Tim Hubick

First Post
All awesome and good points! I was actually giving the PCs 100% for price on the items lol this next campaign i wont be. i think that would balance out things ALOT, and i mean ALOT better.

Remove ads