• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Items and Feats

BlackSeed_Vash

Explorer
Before I ask my questions, I would like to state that I am aware of the AEG's suggestion about placing a feat into a magic item.
What I woould like to know is the following:
1- Would you allow a item to provide a craft feat like "Brew Potion" as long as the wearer, met all prereqs?
2- How much would you charge for one, assume core only feats?

banjolick

First Post
well, i would have to say that no price could really be given to the items, since they would be quite powerful. If you want an item liek that, i would have it as some type of artifact or other priceless object. I have doen that, not with feats, but with effects, for a campaign of mine. I had weapons that each person found at about 8th level that were slightly overpowered, but were personalized to add flavour. i dont know if that helps, but i hope it does!!!

For brew potion (prerequisite is Caster Level 3), I'd probably allow it at 3,000 for a properly slotted item, for 4,500 for an improperly slotted item, and for 6,000 for an unslotted item.

If I were to introduce such an item into a game that I was running, it'd be something like:

Cauldron of Potion Brewing: This large, copper pot, covered with draconic script, allows its possessor to use it as if he had the Brew Potions feat.

Faint evocation and transmutation; CL 3rd; Craft Wondrous Items, Brew Potion; Price: 6,000 gp; Weight 50 lbs.

Later
silver

Remove ads