• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic items for a hexblade warlock?

Dykstrav

Adventurer
I'm running a 4E game with a hexblade warlock in it--the player just joined us tonight and he's new to 4E, so we're all a little green on the hexblade.

I've actually already run two sessions and some of the characters have magic items. What magic items would be good for a hexblade warlock with the fey pact?

magic implement (wand?) and whatever armor that is appropriate (leather?).

Maybe a neck slot item (amulet of protection?) as well.

Guess it depends on how many each other character has as well.

pclaw8

First Post
I'm thinking any weapon. I can't remember right now, but aren't most hexblade powers weapon and not implement?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I believe the hexblade is an implement in one hand, and summons the blade in the other, and the blade gets the bonuses from the implement, but I don't have my book in front of me to confirm.

Moorcrys

Explorer
For a hexblade, the powers of the implement transfer to their summoned weapon, so a magical implement would be a good thing to give.

Being melee strikers, iron armbands of power are a great arm slot item for a hexblade to have.

They are somewhat under-armored for a melee class, so magical armor would also be appreciated I'm sure.

Cheers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads