• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Kingdom For Sale* (*Some Assembly Required)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The wounds from the razor-sharp leaves still bleed freely, stinging terribly as they stain your clothes with blood. Phaeder dashes out into the crowd, using soothing music to staunch the bleeding of one of the rangers. Allyra's lantern archons lash out with rays of light, adding holy burns to the scortching electrical blasts on the tree creatures. Trekt hacks into the nearest tree with his axe and bashes it with his shield. With a mighty groan, the creature splits in two and falls to the ground with a thunderous crash.*

*Rezomael lashes out with his nagaika, ripping off pieces of protective bark from the last remaining tree creture. Grik sights his arrow more carefully this time and lands a solid hit in between a chink in the creature's woody armor. Ishkabar and Drakkon move in and surround the creature, slamming back and forth with mace and sword until this one falls as well. Around the camp you hear faint groans and shrieks of pain as people try to staunch their bleeding wounds.*

OOC -

Initiative:
Razor Leaf Swarm - 22
Phaeder - 19
Allyra - 18
Trekt - 17 (higher Dex)
Shal - 17 (dead)
Rezomael - 15
Grik - 14
Ishkabar - 13
The Rest of Camp - 10
Little Tree Critters - 9 (all dead)
Drakkon - 5
Tree Creatures - 4

Everyone loses 5 hit points from bleeding. Phaeder heals people. Allyra's three lantern archons attack the remaining trees with their light rays, two hitting tree 5 for a total of 7 points of damage last round, one hitting for 4 this round. Trekt hits all three times for 45 points of damage, felling creature 5. Rezomael moves up to tree creature 6 and hits once for 16 points of damage. Grik hits once for 8 points of damage. Ishkabar hits once for 19 points of damage to creature 6. The rest of camp stays hidden and licks their wounds. Drakkon hits twice for 33 points of damage to tree creature 6, felling it. Combat over.

*Drakkon lets out with a victorious battlecry, while Ishkabar catches his breath.*

"What were those things... by Kord's Strength, those were some of the nastiest creatures I've encountered!"

*Both Drakkon and Ishkabar will also assist with healing as needed*

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“My thanks for your help,” Allyra says to the Archons while dismissing the spell. “I'll send you back now.”

Then she flies down to the others to see, if she can be of any further help.

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Emperor Valerian said:
"What were those things... by Kord's Strength, those were some of the nastiest creatures I've encountered!"
"No kidding..." *Phaeder agrees wholeheartedly.*

*He will pause to bind his own wounds, then continue healing others, burning charges off his wand of cure light wounds as needed if he runs out of spells.*

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
*Rezomael nods to himself, glad that the fight is over.* "Damnit, I'm bleeding!", *he claims with a rather surprised voice after he takes a closer look at himself. He'll concentrate on trying to stop himself from bleeding for now, but will try to help others with his nonexistant skills after he has taken care of himself.

OOC: Untrained heal check with no wisdom bonus. I just noticed that Rezomael has no healing potions of any kind. Doh. :p

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*With everyone pitching in, and about ten charges off the healing wand, everyone's bleeding is stopped. If Phaeder wants to use several more charges, he can help heal his comrades.*

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

Once the wounds are tended, Allyra looks for someone skilled in healing. If someone comes to tend her wounds, she waves them off, while she doesn't look most healthy, she seems unwounded at least.

“I was caught in a cloud of an unspeakable stench and I'm still feeling ill from it, maybe there is something we can do about that?”

OOC: Allyra is still sickened, I suppose, unless that condition wears off after a few minutes. I have deducted 6 from her temporary hit points, which range from 16 to 30, depending on the d10 roll for the empowered False Life.

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
*Phaeder continues to minister to the wounded until everyone has stopped bleeding, offering what quiet comfort he can. He hums softly as he does so, falling back on the solace of his music to soothe rattled nerves. Once people have been tended to, he starts trying to pull the camp into a semblance of order and assess the damages.*

[OOC: As far as I can tell, Phaeder took 27 points of damage from the swarm (2+4+8+8+5) plus another 5 points from using his song ghost ability in conjunction with inspire courage. He would have casted a cure moderate wounds on himself to stop the bleeding to gain 14 points back, then blew his remaining healing spells on others, falling back on the wand after that. If any of the Hex needs more healing, he would be glad to offer its use.]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads