Magic of Eberron

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I think we might want a general "Magic of Eberron" thread (hint, hint, Velmont :)) and leave this to the psi artificer. Or change the topic of this one.

Velmont

First Post
I would say yes, Brother Richard, as it seems toward that we are heading in this thread, egneral discussion of the book, and I don't see the point to split it between two thread.

Anyway, I looked at the Psi Artificer, and it look just as fine as the artificer, adapted as simply as possible to the psionic. Same for Psiforged, mainly background,as the feat as been introduce in Race of Eberron if I remember well.

I think the Renegade Mastermaker cool... that's why I am aiming on that path if possible... a bit less powerfull than a warforged, as RA told, but who cares when you can have an interesting character.

The two things I am less sure is the Dragon Rituals and the Prophecies. I've read them and still got lots of questions in my head...

For the remaining of teh book, I didn't had much time to read it from side to side.

Rystil Arden

First Post
The Prophecy feats are clearly overpowered. For example, a Wizard with Craft Wand and the correct Prophecy feats can fire off all their spells as empowered along with free Quickened Wand shots. For instance, at level 7, she can throw around a Swift 8d6 worth of Scorching Ray wand as well as another 10.5d6 of Empowered Fireball or 12d6 of Empowering Scorching Ray. And this is just an ordinary round where she is doing 20d6. She has the prophecy enough times a day to use it pretty much every fight, even with no Wisdom bonus, and her Knowledge Arcana is such that it lasts the whole battle.

Patlin

Explorer
The infusions from Magic of Eberron would be welcome. How about aproving them as possible treasure? I.E. Artificers don't automatically get them, but if they find a schema of some sort describing how to use them, they can get them after a period of study.

Also, Dimension Leap is a cool spell... though I'm sure RA will say it's another controversial low level teleport! :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
The infusions from Magic of Eberron would be welcome. How about aproving them as possible treasure? I.E. Artificers don't automatically get them, but if they find a schema of some sort describing how to use them, they can get them after a period of study.

Also, Dimension Leap is a cool spell... though I'm sure RA will say it's another controversial low level teleport! :)
Dimension Leap's main problem is that it leaves out the CRUCIAL section in Dimension Door that states that you can take no other actions after the Dimension Door is used. Other than that, it is a much better example of a lower-level transport power than Dimension Swap--it swaps at a significantly lesser distance, and that's why it is lower level. That said, I think it would be better as a level 3 spell personally, but I don't have a problem with its existance like I do with Dimension Swap.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Dragon Prophet PrC Question

Rystil Arden said:
The Prophecy feats are clearly overpowered. For example, a Wizard with Craft Wand and the correct Prophecy feats can fire off all their spells as empowered along with free Quickened Wand shots. For instance, at level 7, she can throw around a Swift 8d6 worth of Scorching Ray wand as well as another 10.5d6 of Empowered Fireball or 12d6 of Empowering Scorching Ray. And this is just an ordinary round where she is doing 20d6. She has the prophecy enough times a day to use it pretty much every fight, even with no Wisdom bonus, and her Knowledge Arcana is such that it lasts the whole battle.

Ouch. Yeah, that is pretty powerful. :\

Would it be possible to outlaw this build from Living Eberron without outlawing the Prophecy Feats? I am interested in playing a Sorcerer/Dragon Prophet.

The Dragon Prophet is my favorite PrC for Sorcerers so far, and it actually has skills that use Charisma for a change. Plus, I like the fluff of constellations and a Draconic mentor.

One alternative would be to rule that only one Prophecy Feat can be used per round (in addition to Dragon Prophesier).

Remove ads