• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic of Faerun in Sharn City of Towers

Zephyrus

First Post
I got the book and was flipping through it casually when I noticed it. I doesnt appear anyone else noticed it yet cause it I think is in the art gallery too.

Page 131 of Sharn City of Towers shows the picture of 'Searching for a Fugitive'. The opened/tented book on the table if you look very closely the book appears to look remarkably like the cover of Magic of Faerun complete with the word 'Faerun' on the books cover. their is a mark over the U in on the Magic of Faerun book cover that could make it appear like an O.

Anyone else find any easter eggs like this in other books?

Sammael

Adventurer
Wow, what a great catch! It does look a lot like MoF.

The only "easter egg" I found was the Nodwick & Co. image in BoVD.

Staffan

Legend
Zephyrus said:
Anyone else find any easter eggs like this in other books?
In d20 Modern, there is a picture of a kobold in military fatigues. His nametag says "Meepo" - which of course is the lovable dragon keeper from the Sunless Citadel.

Staffan said:
In d20 Modern, there is a picture of a kobold in military fatigues. His nametag says "Meepo" - which of course is the lovable dragon keeper from the Sunless Citadel.
But that one's a lot more obvious. This is really a good catch on MoF. It sure does look like it :)

Turjan

Explorer
I just flipped through the book, and the only faint resemblance I found was in a picture on page 169. The mage in the background wears this particular beard, and the fighter in the front has the same epaulettes as the guy in the comics. Then there's some small person hiding behind those two. It's not really a striking resemblance, though.

Henry

Autoexreginated
It more than "looks like it" - kudoes to Mr. Parillo for that little gimmick. :)

I only have the art gallery to look at, but the resemblance is definitely intentional.

Sammael

Adventurer
Turjan said:
I just flipped through the book, and the only faint resemblance I found was in a picture on page 169. The mage in the background wears this particular beard, and the fighter in the front has the same epaulettes as the guy in the comics. Then there's some small person hiding behind those two. It's not really a striking resemblance, though.
Yes, that's the one. There is more than superficial resemblance, though. The fighter in front has the same shoulder guards and sword as Yeagar. Next, we have a short female character wielding the same staff as Piffany. Behind them is a wizard with extremely long moustache (no beard) and a pointy hat. And the person cowering in the back short, has a round helmet, and a big nose.

The only problem is that the fighter should be tossing the henchman towards the waiting skeletons...

Remove ads