• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Magic of Incarnum"... what are they thinking?

Axegrrl

First Post
Here's da blurb for "Magic of Incarnum", reportedly just off to the printers, for September release:

This supplement introduces a magical substance called incarnum into the D&D game. With this book, the players characters can meld incarnum—the power of souls living, dead, and unborn—into magical items and even their own bodies, granting them special attacks, defenses, and other abilities (much as magic items and spells do). Incarnum can be shaped and reshaped into new forms, giving characters tremendous versatility in the dungeon and on any battlefield.

This book also features new classes, prestige classes, feats, and other options for characters wishing to explore the secrets of incarnum, as well as rules and advice for including incarnum in a D&D campaign.​

My initial thought, on reading this, was along the lines of "you have got to be kidding me... you're telling me that the evil mage queen can use the power of the soul of her unborn child to... oh, man, I do NOT want to go there..." [Yeah, was looking at the BoVD earlier today.]

And then, I thought, "hey waitaminute... unborn souls?? DEAD SOULS?!? Souls don't die -- bodies die, the soul goes on...."

This is either gonna be some really scary stuff, or WoTC's really scraping the bottom of the barrel... or both.

Remove ads