• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic secrets suggestions for rise of tiamat?

Commissar

First Post
Hello,

Finally we got 10th level in rise of tiamat campaign, but I have no idea what spells to pick.
Despite of having an arcana cleric, I'm the main healer of the party. I have already picked aura of vitality, mass cure wounds, mass healing word and I rarely use bard's crowd control spells, because of the particularity of the campaign.
I want to choose 2 spells that can do the difference in a dragon fight. So far I have chosen circle of power for the breaths and I'm thinking about banishment on a friendly target to force a dragon to change target, when its current target is at very low hp (we have a barbarian and a fighter in the front line).
What would you suggest?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

akr71

Hero
Bigby's Hand or Hold Monster to try and grapple/hold the dragon in place.
Teleportation Circle or Tree Stride for a quick(ish) get-away.
Conjure Elemental for some help fighting the beast.

You don't need to spend a magical secret on it, but--don't forget to cast Death Ward on everybody you can afford before a dragon fight. Not​ having to panic when the wizard is down to 17 HP can be golden.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads