• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic shape changing armor

Bub_the_zombie

First Post
I have been searching for rules to create armor that allows you to shape change. All the referance I have been able to find is for wild shaping while wearing armor or lycanthropy and magic armor.

This is what I have in mind, it may explain my search better.

In game we just killed several crocodiles, I delivered the hides to the leather worker / armor smith to create MW croc skin studded leather armor. It is for my dwarf thief/ranger who is an exterminator for the city sewers, he does not swim. Before I wear it I want it enchanted to do the following; shape change into a croc (much like cloak of the manta ray), and have a constant swim speed while not in croc form (even if it is only 5 swim). The look of the armor is quite funny the way it is sketched on paper, think chubby dwarf meets "where the wild things are", meets tacky leather goods.

I have looked through the dmg, and searched online and cannot find how to apply these magic qualities. I remember seeing something like armor of the owl / eagle that let you grow wings to fly for a bit but cannot recall the book or source. Any help would be appreciated with this search.

Sekhmet

First Post
Cloak of the Manta Ray is a great starting point.
It grants a single form for polymorph, plus retains the use of arms.
You want a single form for polymorph, plus a small swim speed bonus when not polymorphed.

I'd set it right about the same price, or about 7500gp.

This is one of those items that would require a DM to make an arbitrary decision based on how effective/awesome he feels the item to be.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
As [MENTION=97602]Sekhmet[/MENTION] has mentioned, a magic item this specific falls under custom items rules, and are to be worked out with your DM.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads