• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic system based on the Magic CCG?

Shag

Explorer
Anyone ever do this?

I'm really surprised that back when the creator of Magic was in charge he never did his campaign setting...with Urza et all in it...

I figure in stead of schools you just have the 5 colours and each level instead of slots you get to pick a colour of mana....

So say at 3rd level you would have 2 red and 1 green so you could only cast spells that were 2 red and 1 (any) or say 1 green and 2 (any)

Mmm it would be interesting...

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Shag said:
Anyone ever do this?

I'm really surprised that back when the creator of Magic was in charge he never did his campaign setting...with Urza et all in it...

I figure in stead of schools you just have the 5 colours and each level instead of slots you get to pick a colour of mana....

So say at 3rd level you would have 2 red and 1 green so you could only cast spells that were 2 red and 1 (any) or say 1 green and 2 (any)

Mmm it would be interesting...

Yeah, it would be pretty cool.

My understanding is that the M:tG folks were worried about "branding" back then. So a D&D/M:tG product would end up driving both crowds away instead of having some happy cross-polenization.

Remove ads