• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic

cuteasaurus

First Post
In preparation for the eventual use of magic, I thought maybe we could collect whatever rules we're using. Kennon, you had said you were "basing them" on the Grim rules. Could you provide more detail?

cuteasaurus said:
In preparation for the eventual use of magic, I thought maybe we could collect whatever rules we're using. Kennon, you had said you were "basing them" on the Grim rules. Could you provide more detail?

EDIT: Don't make a copy at our apartment - check your email. :) I found the .pdf and forwarded it to you, again. :)

It's very different. Spells do constitution damage when casting. Depending on the spell, it has the potential to seriously hurt or kill the caster. Very cool.

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Sure - the main magic document should be in your gmail inbox - I sent it out to everyone at the beginning of the campaign. It's too large to post here, so I can't link it.

Secondarily, I posted the relevent class talents needed to access magic in this thread:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=132802 which already pretty much did what you want this one to do.

But, to make a long story short - we're using the grim tales rules. No "fire and forget" D&D magic will be used in the game by the PCs. :) The spells will probably be similar, but as you'll see if you glance through the magic document and the talents I linked to above, you'll see that spellcasting is a great deal more costly (and thus very rare) in this game.

And, of course, I don't think any of you are yet consciously aware of the existence of magic as something that can be controlled or "cast"

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
EDIT: Don't make a copy at our apartment - check your email. :) I found the .pdf and forwarded it to you, again. :)

It's very different. Spells do constitution damage when casting. Depending on the spell, it has the potential to seriously hurt or kill the caster. Very cool.
Yep - this means that undead (if there are any) or other spellcasting things/creatures without constitution scores can cast all freakin' day without feeling a thing. Sucks to be alive!

The_Universe said:
Yep - this means that undead (if there are any) or other spellcasting things/creatures without constitution scores can cast all freakin' day without feeling a thing. Sucks to be alive!
Ooo! I never thought of that!

Kennon - I've changed my mind. I want to play a good lich. ;)

cuteasaurus

First Post
I checked and checked, I don't have the original email and I never delete anything, so something must have happened a couple months ago to the email "en route." I've tried to open the forwarded messages you guys have sent, but the same error message (corruption) keeps coming up and I can't get to it. I know the file is large, but how many pages is it? Would someone be able to print it and give it to me on Sat?

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
I checked and checked, I don't have the original email and I never delete anything, so something must have happened a couple months ago to the email "en route." I've tried to open the forwarded messages you guys have sent, but the same error message (corruption) keeps coming up and I can't get to it. I know the file is large, but how many pages is it? Would someone be able to print it and give it to me on Sat?
Hmm - it's a big file, but I can print it saturday if I have to.

Remove ads