• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magical Forges

Red Viper

First Post
I read in one of the 3.0 books about magical forges. The problem is though, now i can't remember what book I read them in. Would someone be able to help me out?

That would be the Lava Forge.

Wondrous Architecture from the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook is what you are thinking of. (A 3.0 WotC sourcebook).

However I think the Lava Forge (the magical forge in question) actually appeared in the Dragon Magazine that came out about the same time as the SBG.

Try to find the Dragon Magazine numbers from the same time as the SBG was realeased. I think it mentioned something about "More Stronghold Spaces" on the cover.

Hope it helps
Vraille Darkfang

Tietar

First Post
Dragon Magazine #295, p39... It allows you to create metal items more efficiently.

"Normal metal items can be constructed for 5% less than the normal cost described in the Player's Handbook; this includes Masterwork items. Magic Itemscreated with the Lava Forge are effected, but only the cost of the base item (such as a masterwork longsword) is effected; the cost of enhancing the item is not reduced."

To make a Lava Forge:
CL15
Prerequisites: Craft Wonderous Item, Flame Strike or Delayed Blast Fireball.
Market Price: 15,000gp

Remove ads