• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magical Girl 5e Class Build (Help with optimization, and balancing issues please.)

No idea about Sailor Moon but for a 5e class as a complete neutral...
Seems a little OP early.
Also, some inconsistencies -
HP - d6 but starts at 9hp+CON mod? Surely 6?
HP - average HP gain by level should be 4 not 3
Champion fighting style - gain +1 to AC while wearing armour but not proficient except for shields?
Transforming weapon - seems OP plus note that no prof in martial weapons?
Not terribly clear to follow.
Usually Archetypes chosen at 3rd level (2nd for Druids), seems like archetype chosen at 1st here - may be misreading as it is a little hard to follow.
Seems like a Warlock chassis with some EK elements.
I'd look at Warlock and see how you go re skinning it to fit an existing base build where possible (name changes aside for flavour, use mechanics that are already built), and build from there.
But like I say I know zero of Sailor Moon conceptually.

Matita

First Post
Ah okay I see what you mean, I'll proceed to Fix the HP, then, thank you hm..
so for Champion I guess I'll just say your AC increases while you're transformed I must've wrote that part late. Thank you,
The Transforming weapon was basically a pact of the blade the only thing I added was that summoning it uses the Magical Girls
resource which are Energy Slots (Like Spell slots with a chance to do an extra 1d6, but maybe I should take that part out?) I should make it clearer to see, but your considered proficient with any type of weapon you change your weapon into. I should also point out you can't change your transformed weapon once you pick it.

At level one you pick the type of Magical Girl you are essentially, in Magical Girl shows the characters fight with elemental powers
theres normally one that has fire powers, water powers lightning powers.. know what I'm saying? So picking your element gives you
one specific type of attack, a cantrip, and a resistance.

Thank you for the help I'll look at it and fix it thank you :)

Matita

First Post
A Person who is obsessed with japanese culture who knows nothing about japanese culture further than anime sushi and pocky
you'll see these people with anime profile pictures and doing the naruto run at anime conventions.

It's a derogatory kind of term but is also commonly used at a joke towards anyone who even casually enjoys anime.

Rhogar_Rarr

First Post
Unless I missed it, the class should have proficiency in two saving throws. It looks like Charisma saves should be one of them as their primary stat. For the other I'd recommend Wisdom saves. That would protect them from some nasty effects and show them as having a strong force of will/personality. Otherwise, you could replace the Wisdom saves with either Dexterity saves or Constitution saves.

Otherwise, I have a lot of reading left to do before further review.

ccs

41st lv DM
A Person who is obsessed with japanese culture who knows nothing about japanese culture further than anime sushi and pocky
you'll see these people with anime profile pictures and doing the naruto run at anime conventions.

It's a derogatory kind of term but is also commonly used at a joke towards anyone who even casually enjoys anime.

Ah, you learn something new each day. Btw, that sounds like something you should avoid being....

Remove ads