• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magical Item Compendium II-Staffs

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Staves in D&D have a basic problem: too expensive. These new runestaves are really nice. I think they're excellent.

Cheers!

MerricB said:
Staves in D&D have a basic problem: too expensive. These new runestaves are really nice. I think they're excellent.

In fact, at first glance, I'm starting to wonder if these shouldn't be the default staves for future versions of the game. Much more interesting, IMO.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Mouseferatu said:
In fact, at first glance, I'm starting to wonder if these shouldn't be the default staves for future versions of the game. Much more interesting, IMO.

Oh, definitely.

Cheers!

Corsair

First Post
RE ThirdWizard's comment: Am I the only one who thinks Rods and staves should be combined into one crafting feat? Or staves and wands. Or Rings and Wondrous.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
Corsair said:
RE ThirdWizard's comment: Am I the only one who thinks Rods and staves should be combined into one crafting feat? Or staves and wands. Or Rings and Wondrous.

Yes, I agree. Rods, Staffs and Wands should be combined. I mean Armor and Weapons already are, why not those three?

I also think Wonderous should either be seperated (I have no idea what into) or more wonderous items should be put into other classes of items. Right now Wonderous and Arms/Armor are all you need to equip your party to the nines. To give yourself more power, add Scribe Scroll and you are good to go.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I prefer to keep Wands seperate from Rods and Staves. But otherwise, combining the two, staves and rods, eh. I can live.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Hmm... like it. Far better for spellcasters than the usual staves - this is much more in line with "traditional" spellcasters. I wonder if they'll include the pricing guidelines in the book - anything else would disappoint me pretty much.

Remove ads