Magical Medieval Society - Western Europe 2.0?

Whizbang Dustyboots said:
It's just a reprint with new art. The planned expanded version is on hold at this time.

When did Joe or Suzi decide to put the updated and expanded version on hold? I thought that the new version of the book came out at Gen Con. That was the last I heard. :confused:

Olaf the Stout

Edit: After checking out their website I see that they have only changed the layout and added extra illustrations to the new version. I wonder why the decided to change tack? No doubt Joe or Suzi will be along soon to explain.

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
They have already explained. Joe just didn't have it in him to grind out and do the new material for it. so it is on indefinite hold until he find the willpower/drive/enthusiasm necessary to crank out the new material. So he released this "revised" version to make it available and in print again.

Besides, Silk Road is something I look at as an expansion to MMS:WE, and I think Suzi and Joe did a very nice job on it. It definitely shows that they learned some lessons in breaking up the material and just laying it out better.

Thanks Treebore. I started writing for the 2nd edition but couldn't keep up the steam, so instead of not having MMS:WE available at FLGS until I could find the creative spark necessary for such dense additions we decided to update the layout and re-release MMS:WE. I had a lot of people asking for a print copy and I didn't feel like I should make them wait (and hence put pressure on myself to finish faster) until I had the new chapters done before they could purchase a hardcopy.

joe b.

Remove ads