• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magical Society: Ecology and Culture PRAISE

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
I just picked up Magical Soceity: Ecology and Culture yesterday.

This book is three different stacks of sweet! For any DM that enjoys alot of 'realism' in their world building, this book is for you.

It reminds me alot of the old World Builders Guidebook put out by TSR/WoTC several years ago, but what that tome touched on this goes into much more detail.

You want plate tectonics, biomes, and realistic weather models? It has that covered. It has a ton of stuff in it, and I cannot encourage the discriminating buyer to get it strongly enough.

I am always seeing pleas on these boards for help in designing worlds and doing mapping, this book is a great help and a godsend to anyone looking for good ideas for world building.

Crothian

First Post
Ya, it is pretty good. :D

What I like is that it isn't written for Joe Average, it is written for the intellengence gamer. It isn't a book for everyone, but for the people it is for they will be impressed.

Painfully

First Post
I agree, this book is filled with all the homework a good DM needs to do on their own to put together a cohesive world from a wide variety of real-world sources. I would even go so far as to say it is a "must buy" for DMs who aspire to build their own campaign worlds for the first time.

It's a great book!

Wombat

First Post
After I picked up this book, I spent several hours looking up geological wonders referred to in the text.

WOW! What an amazing volume! It has made me rethink several ideas for my upcoming campaign. :D

WanderingMonster

First Post
I can't wait to se if it's at my FLGS today!

"Give Gamers What They Want." What an interesting business model! Green Ronin, EXP, and FFG (with their Horizon series) have it figured out, and are deservedly getting my business.

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. A Magical Society: Ecology and Culture just hit distributors on the 5th, so it's possible your FLGS may not have it just yet. Get them to order it for you if they don't, because it is available. :)

joe b.

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
Thank you Joe for keeping the bar set high. I really am enjoying the work you guys are doing over there. I cannot wait to see what the next product is going to be. I am sure, if you keep up the pace, it is going to be wonderful.

tauton_ikhnos

First Post
Just got this. Holy...

I'll be honest - this book is more than I need. By wide margin. But still... won't be giving it back anytime soon :)

'S MINE.

Seriously: Very good work. Sleep-inducing plant alone is worth it :D

Remove ads