• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magical Theses for Symposium in Sharn

Percivellian

First Post
So, for my second foray into DMing an Eberron game, my players (who are, btw, free to read this if you want) have created a small group of pro-warforged, Cyran nationalists who are basing out of Sharn, both getting into and preventing all kinds of trouble.

Couple sessions back there was a sort of meeting of minds and money at the Celestial View to hook up magical researchers with nobles (and their wealth) to sponsor worthy research endeavours (the event also doubled as a "warforged are people who can do more than fight, yaknow" thing - all living construct catering staff. And yes, there was violence, and everyone was glad they were around).

Up and coming is the second half of the symposium, where the formal pitches are made by the mages, clerics and scholars. What I am looking for are some thesis statements/research objectives that researchers in Eberron might be pitching in a venue like this. Obviously there's going to be a few standard 'pleas' (in academic form) to fund more research into the destruction of Cyre, but I'm looking to expand the magical curiosities present at the event.

I'll get the ball rolling with a couple, and hopefully it can spark some further creativity :).

1. "We intend to further the understanding of the relationship, either in similarity or difference, between magical processes currently categorized as 'arcane' and 'divine' in type, to the end of perhaps determining valuable information regarding the nature of the (divine) beings which are alleged to act as the nexus for this latter type."

2. "We intend to recover or reproduce techniques of divination to the end of uncovering more information regarding the culprits and methods associated with the tragedy of Crystalfall."

Hopefully this won't get washed away too quickly in the tsunami known as 4e threads, but I thank anyone who takes a stab at this in advance :).

Remove ads