• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magitech settings or core rpgs

tecnowraith

First Post
Are there any games or systems that are magitech setting similar to Final Fantasy 8, 9, 10 and even 12? Not like Iron Kingdoms, no steampunk or shadowrun. More fantastical world with humanoid looking and crazy looking races. Firearms (that does not have to be gunpowered), flying vehicles and high magical technology on a single planet/world.

No Gurps, D6 or spacefaring game and sysetm like Star Wars or Fading Suns. Anything else beside Exalted or Iron Kingdoms.

Any ideas? Thanks

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Eberron ain't bad at it. It's a little less "anime-ified" than most FF games, but a lot of people think that's a good thing. :)

Oathbound has the 'crazy race' thing going on, and there is advanced tech and airships at certain angles, but a lot of the tech you'd need to add manually. But still, psinoic jellyfish and dog-people and puss-in-boots for the win. ;)

Final Fantasy Zero, when it's out, will suit your needs just fine, but, uh....that's kind of distant at the moment (it's holding out for 4e rules to shamelessly rip off, I mean, get inspiration from) ;).

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Unfortunately, I don't know of a SPECIFIC system for Magitech et al, but I run most of my d20 adventures with heavy Final Fantasy influences.

I would strongly suggest looking into Steam & Steel: A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks, available as PDF AND Print (I got both, anyhow) right here on EnWorld. This suplement offers ideas on all sorts of engines one might use to power fantasy "mecha", including magic and "crystals". IIRC, yellow and black Chocobos were actually statted out in Dragon #323 (Sept 2004). Add Cid the Engineer, a few monstrous races, and focus on high action, and you've got yourself a fairly FF-themed adventure waiting to be created.

Stormborn

Explorer
Another vote for Eberron, specifically Sharn. All the magictech stuff you could want - including a playable magitech making class called the Artificer, construct PCs, beastman PCs, elemental powered airships and trains, sky scrapers and elevators. And room for just about anything you want to throw into it. How much all this comes across is largely up to you as DM. If you are looking for ancient magitech ruins Xen'drik can easilly accomidate them and a game that went between Sharn and Xen'drik would be able to feature just about anything you can think of.

Enforcer

Explorer
Exalted by White Wolf. You've got magic, Gundam-style power armor, airships, "guns" and a few odd looking races like the Dragon Kings and the Beastmen.

Mr_Spicoli

Explorer
All of these games have a lot of techno fantasy elements, some more then others. Do a search on them a find one that suits you're tastes.

Dragonstar by Fantasy Flight Games
Lazer RPG
Under the Broken Moon, the Thundarr the Barbarian Role-Playing Game
Trinity
Kissanil
Apocalypse 2500
Cthulhutech
Hardwired hinterland
Runebearer
Runepunk
Lords of Creation
Starquest