• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maglubiyet gets the SHAFT!

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
The original Deities & Demigods had Maggie, and I was a bit disappointed he - as well as, let's see, Vaprak and Hruggek were absent in 3e. But, if you remember, there was a series of articles in Dragon many moons ago in which the pantheons of the major D&D races were fleshed out. Maybe that'll happen again, or maybe someone could convert the originals into 3e.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Personally I wish they'd do what SKR did, and post a corrected version for monster deities. MAINLY so people don't get so freaking worked up! :)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Haaa Haaaa, Stupid Goblins, Kurtulmak is in the book and your stupid god isn't.. Ha ha ha, Bet he's not even a real god.

But if should be obvious how much better than you we are, your veins rot with the bloods of mammels, while ours, run with the power of the mighty dragons.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Bah! Everyone knows that goblins are little more than demented, ugly circus midgets! What people should be worried about not including in the book are the TRULY great gods, like the Ilsensine and the Great Mother, gods or races that do something other than just hide and occasionally play bandits against a handful of surface-dwellers. By my blood, the predjudice against non-humanoid races will end! Illithids and beholders WILL get the respect and fear they deserve!

Last edited:

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
Psychotic Jim said:
Bah! Everyone knows that goblins are little more than demented, ugly circus midgets! What people should be worried about not including in the book are the TRULY great gods, like the Ilsensine and the Great Mother, gods or races that do something other than just hide and occasionally play bandits against a handful of surface-dwellers. By my blood, the predjudice against non-humanoid races will end! Illithids and beholders WILL get the respect and fear they deserve!

I *think* Ilsensine and the Great Mother are covered in Faiths & Pantheons, the Forgotten Realms deity book.

Red Baron

First Post
Uuhhh...

...you do all realize, of course, that they're going to be included in the 3E Unearthed Arcana, right...?

;)

Last edited:

Information

First Post
I find it utterly absurd that they could have temple layouts for some of the Greyhawk deities, when they could have used that extra space to detail more deities. Get rid of Heironeous's and Hextor's temple descriptions, and you've got enough space for Maglubiyet.

Moe Ronalds

First Post
Wicht said:

A few good movies where Goblins are the downtrodden heroes victimized by nazi-like elves would do the trick. Give the shows a catchy theme tune and presto, everytime someone hears it they think goblin=good.

THat'd be a good idea for an adventure, but a certain member of my group would have me disemboweled for "insulting" elves.

Remove ads