• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Making 2 forums out of the General RPG Discussion?

Turanil

First Post
I tend to find that lately the General RPG Discussion forum has grown to a huge size, with a few threads direly competing on the first page, and the others being quickly relegated, thus forgotten in the following pages.

My request is: why not make two forums?
--The General RPG Discussion forum would be for threads such as: "Why Eberron Sucks?", "Are Game Designers Evil?", "What do you think of Mialee's Breast?", and so on.
--Then, there would be a forum specifically dedicated to campaign design and adventure advice, for thread such as: "Ideas for an abandoned mages' guild", "Tactics for making my BBEG less vulnerable to my munchkin PCs", "100 City Building Thread", and so on.

Maybe it's a bad idea, maybe nobody cares, but if others do agree with such a suggestion, let it be known there!

Thanks

fba827

Adventurer
well the second part taht you mention used to in fact be plots and places (or something like that) but it was a great forum that was so under utilized if not ignored that it seemed like a waste for all the good ideas (and bad ideas that could be used as seeds) that got mentioned in there... but, if the mods did separate it again, maybe as a subforum to general rather so that it shows up at the topic somewhat linked to the general forum?

Turanil

First Post
Maybe the name "Plots and Places" was seen too restrictive? Maybe a name such as "DM-Player Advice & Campaign Building" would sound applying to a broader range of subjects?

Well, maybe opening the General Discussion Forum you would not see any post, but three sub-forums you must choose:
1) General Meta-Gaming Discussion
2) DM-Player Advice & Campaign Building
3) Off-topic Subjects

Last edited:

But see, then you get people who aren't quite sure which subforum it belongs in, and they post to the wrong one. Then the mods spend all day sliding threads to and fro, instead of checking out pr0n sites like they usually do. And then, finally, the mods just get sick of the whole thing and people start posting wherever they feel like.

This is pretty much what happened to Plots and Places, and neat as it was, I don't really miss it. The good stuff just goes into General now LIKE IT ALWAYS DID and no one has to worry about an ignored forum.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
instead of checking out pr0n sites like they usually do.

BoEF sites. For crying out loud, get it right.

Other than that, though, you're right on the money. We don't want to create an artificial division that's a pain to moderate, and the old plots & places was pretty much untrafficked. I think reading the 2nd page of general is the best solution.

hong

WotC's bitch
Perhaps it might be a good idea to increase the no. of threads per page? Since we're recommending people view more than just the first page anyway....

Remove ads