• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Making a new rogue

NightSonX

First Post
I'm making a rogue for an upcoming game, and I was concidering making him a dagger throwing expert. Is there any feats/prestige classes or any other random stuff I should consider? Is this even a worthwile idea, or is a melee/bow rogue a superior character?

I'll be starting at lvl 1 and not sure how long the game is going. I have access to the core books + the complete and races(wild/divinity/stone) books.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated

Taloras

First Post
halfling gets a bonus on thrown weapons. master thrower is a PrC for thrown weapons. Invisible Blade is a dagger PrC(maybe a mix of these two?) Get some +1 returning throwing daggers of distance. Carry a lot of daggers. Weapon Focus(dagger) should help. Quick Draw, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Far Shot, Rapid Shot.

Heckler

First Post
I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. Take UMD and a wand of Whirling Blade. Increases your range and sneak attack will kick in, if appropriate.

I haven't found a good PrC so far, but I don't have access to a lot of books, either.

I am currently playing a Halfling Rogue2/Fighter1 in an Eberron campaign. I use Throwing Axes (thanks to the Fighters martial weapon profiency) or Talenta Boomerangs (thanks to being a Talenta Plains Halfling).
I took Point Blank Shot, Weapon Finesse and Quick Draw as some of the first feats - I don't trust relying only on throwing weapons, and I am not sure wether I should chose Precise Shot or Far Shot first. Without Far Shot, I will probably be forced to be in "near" melee range anyway, so I could also get in and retreat only if its getting dangerous. On the other hand, Precise Shot is definitely a must, too.

I don't think I will go beyond Fighter level 4, the primary focus on Fighter is getting the feats (and maybe a few ranks in Ride - maybe I even get a Dino-Mount later :) ). Fighter (as might any multiclassing) hurts my Rogue skills, and I have to keep up with Search/DisableDevice/Open Lock...

Cabral

First Post
See if you can smuggle the bandoleer from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. It's not amazing, but it's a great piece of equipment. Also, plop down 2k gp for a heward's hand haversack :D

Take Precise Shot so you don't bean your buds in combat :)

Remove ads