• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Making a pathfinder knight.

dragonis111

First Post
Well the knight I found on the pathfinder database is really good and I plan to use it, but Knights are also supposed to be good on horseback, while this knight does have bonus feats with mounted combat and animal affinity as options, should I just pick those when I can or would I be better off with a 1 or 2 level dip into cavalier? Thanks, Dylan.

Link to the pathfinder database knight: Pathfinder Database - Knight

dragonis111

First Post
Well the cavalier is focused heavily on mounted combat, a true knight is bound by a code of honor, and excels in more than just mounted combat, such as archery and sword fighting.

Glade Riven

Adventurer
Depends on what archetype you're following, I guess. Cavaliers cover the most common: Knight in Shining Armor on a war-trained mount, with a code of conduct. They are proficient in all martial weapons, which includes range weapons such as the longbow. Code of conduct per order is a pretty big thing for the Cavalier, as big as the paladin's.

I'm not clear on how the Cavalier or it's alternative class options (including the Samurai version) doesn't cover what you are wanting to cover, especially with feats being avalible to customise it further.

Rampant

First Post
Honor code: Check
Sword skills: Check
Bow Skills: Check

A perfect bab, martial weapon proficiencies, bonus feats, and the codes of the various orders seem to match that up pretty precisely.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just't can't help you unless I know what the problem is.

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
Dragonis111 perhaps you were hoping for a more "comprehensive" code of knighthood akin to the Knights of Solamnia? If so, I'd suggest picking an Order that has some of the mechanical options you like. Then flesh out the flavour aspects with your GM/Group. You really don't need a level progression chart for chivalry (in my opinion of course).

Then share the results of your hard work back here :)

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Or just use the Ronin from UC. It's for Samurai (who themselves have a slightly more mounted archery basis and may be the better sub-class to use), but Cavaliers can take Samurai orders just as well. You customize your own code of conduct for it.

Then you can have exactly the code of conduct you want to RP.

Argyle King

Legend
Has the Knight class from D&D 3.5's PHB2 been updated to Pathfinder?

I don't currently play Pathfinder, but the guy who normally runs 4E for the Saturday group has expressed wanting to take a break from 4E. As such, I'm brushing up on my knowledge. The OP reminded me of a class I liked from 3.5.

1Mac

First Post
If what's bugging you is the focus on mounted combat, you can check out this free Knight archetype for the Cavalier from Little Red Goblin Games. Basically it swaps out all the equestrian powers for the Fighter's Bravery and Armor Training powers. It's pretty straightforward, though the alignment restriction is unnecessary, and the capstone is a little weak. I'd use the "Last Stand" samurai power in it's place.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads