• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Making Kobolds Better

pawned79

First Post
A friend and I came up with this idea while talking about Morn, a character from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, who stored a bunch of liquid money in one of his stomachs. I decided to write a real rule on it. Anyway, I hope you find it as amusing and cool as we do.

Digestive Gland (Ex): Kobolds have a large gland that branches off their esophagus and is in parallel with their stomach. A kobold pumps stomach acid into the gland, and when threatened, she can vomit out the acid onto her pursuer to help facilitate escape. A kobold can use this attack against a target up to 5 ft. away. The target must make a DC 10 reflex save or be blinded for 1d2 rounds. The DC is constitution based. The odor of the acid is stronger than skunk musk and can not be removed from clothing with mundane cleaning. Additionally, the digestive gland serves as an additional item slot, like that of an embedded item. This slot holds up to one small item. A kobold storing any items in her digestive gland, will eject the items when using the gland as an attack.

Sigurd

First Post
Sounds like a good Kobold feat for first level.

Vestigal Gland

Your dragon heritage has left you with a specialized second stomach. With training you can fill this sack with stomach acid or even small items. All items stored mus save verses poison. You can expel the contents of this gland on your enemies as an attack.

I like it very much

S

snarfoogle

First Post
I think Kobolds should just get a flat out breath weapon. A weak one, but a breath weapon nonetheless, that scales with the Kobold's HD (including those from class levels).

moritheil

First Post
snarfoogle said:
I think Kobolds should just get a flat out breath weapon. A weak one, but a breath weapon nonetheless, that scales with the Kobold's HD (including those from class levels).

But what kind?

Or would you make them like dromites?

Corvidae

First Post
Breathe weapon

Why not give kobolds a breathe weapon depending on what type of dragon they seek to emulate.

For example 1d4 per 2hd of

fire for red dragon
ice for white
acid for black
chlorine gas for green
electricity for blue

you could also give them a low resistance based on the dragon for example 1 point of resistance to their specific type of damage per 2hd

when a kobold only has a few hitpoints, this could be a huge advantage

and just imagine little fire breathing kobolds running around

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Give them a -2 con penalty.

One of my favoriate 2ed Quotes - "quit wounding the kobolds! "
used when someone failed to do the 2.5 damage that would on average, kill one.

Its just not as funny when most kobolds are 9th lvl barb/sor/DDs

Remove ads