• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Making my own minature Monk

Drakmar

Explorer
Well.. I just found the Reaper basic armatures.. and started making a Half-orc monk.. I would say I am half way through it. I have found that green stuff takes some getting used to..but once you do, it is easy to work I shall post a pic once I am done.

Drakmar

Explorer
well.. I am almost done.. just need to do the left arm and shoulder.. and the right foot..

Question is.. currently the Half-Orc monk is bald..

should I leave him bald?
should I give him a topknot?
or maybe...
a long braid down his back with the front half of his head shaved?

what do you think?

psychognome

First Post
Bald's good. :)
Do you happen to own a digital camera? If you do, it would be cool to see pictures of this mini once it's finished. :D

Drakmar

Explorer
well... I do own a digital camera.. but it is crud.. no ability to focus. (I just tried to take some in progress pics - no joy)

So.. I will get a friend with a good camera to take some pics for me.

Drakmar

Explorer
Well.. I have finished my half-orc monk.

except.. I still have him bald.. I will try and take a pic and post it.. because I almost think I need to give him hair of some sort.

I will post a pic tomorrow.. and we shall see.

Tewligan

First Post
Hey Drakmar, how's the monk coming? You promised pictures and I wanna see 'em, damn it! Any other figures in the works? I'm about halfway through another mini, along with a dire bear/illithid thingie that just needs based and painted, and I wanna see what other people are doing. If anybody else has photos of minis they've built from scratch, let's see 'em. Out of all the ENWorld users, Drakmar and I CAN'T be the only ones doing this at the moment, can we?

Drakmar

Explorer
the monk is pretty much done. I am pretty such that I will leave it bald. I haven't painted it yet.

and yes.. I did promise pics.. but I am unable to provide them as of yet. none of the digital cameras I have at my disposal are any good for taking holiday snaps of my wee little monk.

I don't have another minature started yet. but I am leaning towards a Star Wars figure.. a soldier holding a blaster rifle/carbine in a leather jacket of sorts.

I am working on the camera thingy though. pls be patient.

Remove ads