Making your own power cards

DennisB

First Post
Could you move the book \ page text to the left and put the fallible boxes to the right of that or on the right side of the main text sideways. it dont need to be big, just readable? but if you can not thats cool, you have done a lot for this.

Siberys

Adventurer
Down in the page portion, though, what'd be the point? It is my understanding that the fillable boxes are wanted as a space to manually write in bonuses and damage, no? If I put that space in the page area, either the people would have to enter the info in in MSE, or else it'd be barely legible. Making boxes within the whited-out text box is the other possibility, but those would suck up a LOT of space, at least if they were big enough for people to write in.

DennisB

First Post
I was talking about having them "typing it up" and printing it up, after all, they would be needing to change it only once in a while.

But thats cool. they will have to live without it.

Bayuer

First Post
Actualy everybody want to print they cards just once and refill them when they advence in level. Boxes for type bonuses is pointless couse you could just edit cards and put numbers in curent templates and print them every time they changed. Thats why Anders template is so good when you want to print cards just once. Anyway it's still great work.

DennisB your project with those nice grafic power cards was great! I'm so unhappy that you droped it:/ Well at least magic cards and monster cards can be useful. Keep good work guys!

DennisB

First Post
The Problem with that template was that the whole left side was for pics only and the text side on the right would not shrink and I could not figuer out how to fix those 2 major problems. I liked that style as well and wish I could keep it.

But if someone wants to step up to the plate and look into that problem and fix it, I would even think about remaking the entire powers decks (Grudgingly) and the magic decks, however they would have to add the stats boxes (4 of them)
Here is the template, I hope someone can fix it for D&D 4E, If someone thinks they can do it, let me know and I will let you know how I want to set it up.

Attachments

• CBG_Planeswalkers_and_Planes.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:

DennisB

First Post
This is how the cards look, Sorta, with a few tweaks, But generally like this.
This is what Bayuer was talking about, It would be the best looking power cards out there. But like I said, here is a few problems with this template that needs to be fixed.

1) There is no way to get rid of the pic section on the left side.
2) the text section on the right side will not shrink with extended text.
3) Needs 2 types of template on the same template One for powers and one for Magic Items.
4) There is no way that I can tell to make monster cards with this template.

Good luck to who ever can fix it. I am rooting for whoever can do this.
E-mail me if you feel up to the challenge at dennis.bratcher@yahoo.com and I will work with you on this.

These samples were made with paint, but it takes about 10 minutes to make 1 card. That's why I gave up on them.
At-WillPowerslook.png

DailyPowersLook.png

MagicItemdLook.png

Bayuer

First Post
4) There is no way that I can tell to make monster cards with this template.
No, no. Monster template that you have is good. I love it. Ther's no need to make another. Keep good work and update more levels of monsters:)

Yeah. That's the cards I was talking about. They are nice. They could get some changes and improvements but they the best looking cards I saw on this forum.

disarray2

First Post
I don't like them. They are hard to read because of the white text and white in the background, and in other areas black text on black background. If you want to go for visually appealing, Tintagel's are beautiful. His can be found at Power Cards ‎(4E Fan Publishing‎).

I still like Ander's set because it's easy to read and uncluttered. I dress up the cards by putting on pretty backs.

DennisB

First Post
Well, I found someone who thinks he is up to the challenge of redoing the cards. He has some good ideas on how to do it.

as far as Tintagel's cards, they look good but it is almost like others, my style will be recognizable as unique. but I will have 2 styles to choose from. the plain style or the fancy style.

As far as the background clashing with the words, I do have an idea on that, we will test it when we get to that part. I already thought of that. thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Remove ads