Making your own power cards

fsnaig

First Post
Thanks for the responses to the cards, guys.

Unfortunately, I'm not handy enough with PDFs to know how to do it. However, you can print multiple per page and be specific about what cards appear on each page.

In Acrobat Reader:

1. Change "Page Scaling" to "Multiple pages per sheet."
  2. Change "Pages per sheet" to "Custom" and set it to the number of rows and columns you want (e.g., "3" by "3").
  3. Enter the cards you want to print in the "Pages" field (e.g., "1, 2-5, 46, 22, 10-16, 3, 3, 3" is valid)
  4. Print!
I've only tested this on landscape settings with 4x2 (8 card) printouts, so you may want to make sure a 3x3 prints cards at the intended 2.5" x 3.5" size. The approach may be less kid-friendly, but it seems better than printing out several cards only to cut out the particular one you want.

You should be able to make PDF files directly from PowerPoint via the Print menu, or alternatively pulling up the PNG files into Word, using columns, and then Print to a PDF.

fsnaig

kg_kharkov

First Post
For my "customized" power sheet, I've been taking the individual card images from Anders' pdfs and pasting them into a double column word document. I've been combining that with magic item images from others. I'll likely just switch to using all of Grandpa's images.

You can take his power point images, copy them one by one and then paste them into a Word document.

That way, you have a customized sheet with just your powers. This works great for the early levels and for newer players. My sons who are new to the game enjoy it b/c all their at-will, encounter and daily "main" powers are on the first page and all their ancillary type powers and magic item powers are on the second page. I then just save the file, print and pencil in the modifiers -- it makes for easy updating as they go up levels.

Once you paste one of Grandpa's ppt images into a word document, you just need to do a bit of resizing to get your desired size.

You should be able to make PDF files directly from PowerPoint via the Print menu, or alternatively pulling up the PNG files into Word, using columns, and then Print to a PDF.

fsnaig

Thank you that is very cleaver and I didn't think of it at all. Also Grampa's advise about the printing by column and row was brilliant, it works now. Before I was getting cut off on the last row. All is well.

Between yours and Ander00's card sets my two groups are set.

Just a word to the wise: if you find that putting card images in columns makes the 2nd and subsequent columns shift the image down one line so that it's not aligned at the top with the 1st column card, you can instead create a table that spans the page and has the number of columns (and rows of course) you want in word and place the images in each cell for better control over layout. I had this issue not with the ppt/png cards but with some Excel monster blocks I grouped into encounters via pasting into Word.

Mercutio01

First Post
If anyone is interested (or cares) Black Plauge and I are starting work on Item cards for use in MSE. We're still working out the concepts now. Below is the latest concept. I'm using Grandpa's icons (which are great) for item slots and power type and my own variation on the fairly standard icons for actions.

Attachments

• sample.png
    sample.png
    142 KB · Views: 447

eloquentaction

First Post
If anyone is interested (or cares) Black Plauge and I are starting work on Item cards for use in MSE. We're still working out the concepts now. Below is the latest concept. I'm using Grandpa's icons (which are great) for item slots and power type and my own variation on the fairly standard icons for actions.

Mercutio -

I think that card gave me a bit of a woody.

RAWR.

-- Hirahito

Relbanan

First Post
Here's a set of replacement backgrounds for Ander00's set. The top portion is the same, I just added the "old paper" look to the white background. The files replaced are

cardblack.png
cardblue.png
cardgold.png
cardgreen.png
cardgrey.png
cardiron.png
cardorange.png
cardorange_2.png
cardorange_3.png
cardorange_4.png
cardred.png
cardsilver.png

Back up your originals and just drop these in place, in Program Files\Magic Set Editor 2\data\D&D-Ander.mse-style

Attachments

• cardred.jpg
    cardred.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 520
  • card backgrounds.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Remove ads