Male Drow favored class...

Gez

First Post
Actually, male drow's favored class should be Commoner. No way the females will be letting them gain any sort of power.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I don't think that Favored Classes neccesarily represent the thing they're most likely to become, but can also be something that comes especially easy to them. Since drow are still elves, they have a natural affinity for the wizard class.

But in fact, I have often thought of changing the favored class of male drow, but not to fighter: Female Drow become clerics because they hold the most power and are therefore the best thing for a female drow to do. Also, Lolth is strong, and encourages it.

But what's the best thing for males to do? Who's the man (or rather god) they turn to for power? Right! Vhaeraun. And he teaches them the skills of the rogue in order to survive in an environment ruled by Lolth's chosen females. So I think that rogue would be a good favored class for male drow (unless they're oppressed by the females, but who wants to play such a thing. and Favored Class is mainly something for players, a DM won't need to worry about XP penalties!)

Xarlen

First Post
Well, Generally, Vhaeraun's followings are snuffed out as fast and as vicious as the Lolth-bound clerics can get them. So he's not a very popular deity. It's worship in secret, get away when you can.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
But they have to get them first.

Also, this only applies to Lolth-controlled cities. And although Lolth doesn't want any of her worshippers to know, not all drow cities or cities where drow live in are controlled by Lolth.

On the surface, they're actually a minority, and since the silence of Lolth even more so!

You might want to read the City of the Spider Queen weg enhancement: it has information about the situation of many drow cities mentioned in any FR 3e book. In many of them, two or three churches are about equally powerful, and where Lolth was in that equation, she was largely taken out of it.

Remove ads