Malekin?

Sigurd

First Post
Caldor (small city): Conventional; AL LN; 15,000
gp limit; Assets 5,760,000 gp; Population 7,680; Mixed
(79%, human, 9% half-malekin, 5% halfling, 3% dwarf,
2% malekin, 1% half-orc, 1% other races).

Am I missing something? I've gone through all alea products I own and I don't see a mention of Malekin?

Care to elaborate?

Sigurd

Jraynack

Explorer
Sigurd said:
Caldor (small city): Conventional; AL LN; 15,000
gp limit; Assets 5,760,000 gp; Population 7,680; Mixed
(79%, human, 9% half-malekin, 5% halfling, 3% dwarf,
2% malekin, 1% half-orc, 1% other races).

Am I missing something? I've gone through all alea products I own and I don't see a mention of Malekin?

Care to elaborate?

Sigurd

First off, sorry for getting back to you this late - I just returned from vacation. Now for your question - Malekin and half-malekin (collectively known as Fairie-kin) replace the elf and half-elf races in the Player's Handbook. These were initially called Fairie-kin in the Free Chronicles of Yrza the Crow:

These are actually considered sub-races of humans with varying degrees of fey blood. Both are commonly called fairie-kin and are generally accepted with suspicion. These are human children snatched from birth by fey for some unknown reason, whisked away to the Fairie Realm, and returned usually 15 years later, altered with no memory of their lives in captivity. Actual elves in the Feudal Lords setting are more earth-like in mythical tradition and less Tolkien-like (Tolkien elves are from a much earlier mythical tradition which saw elves more kin as human paragons).

Essentially, the Malekin and Half-malekin use the same statistics as Elves and Half-elves in the Player's Handbook, but have different names. These two races will be featured in the upcoming Feudal Lords campaign setting which Caldor is initially designed for. If not using the Feudal Lords setting, simply replace Malekin and Half-malkin with Elf and Half-elf.

Anything else. we would like to hear about it. We hope you are enjoying the product thus far save for that snafu.

Josh

Sigurd

First Post
I really like your publications. You have a good taste in Pre Raphealites and I think it feels very believable. When your setting comes together for me I think I'll try and run it for a gaming group. I want to use it to translate Harn material into D20.

Overall with the PDF's I own from you guys I feel like I'm pigging out at a cocktail bar. Lots of taste and potential but it's work to make a full meal of it. :)

I'm re-reading Honour And Corruption, Your 2 poor gamers almanac articles on Feudal lords (iss 6 & 7,) and your guidebooks. Right now I'm just letting it roll around in my head. I'm very tempted to pair it with RPG objects Excalibur (seriously consider working with them - it would fit IMNSHO).

I really like your setting but it hasn't all fallen together for me. Thanks a lot though.

Sigurd

Last edited:

Jraynack

Explorer
Sigurd said:
I really like your setting but it hasn't all fallen together for me. Thanks a lot though.
Sigurd

I know - I can understand on your end, and I can thank you and everyone for your patience. Since putting together a campaign setting is a daunting task that cannot be truly appreciated until you begin the work.

But it is plodding along rather well and it will be out this year - then it will all pull together.

The Chronicles of Yrza the Crow along with Excalibur, and other similar products will give a great feel for the world. Also, White Wolf's Vampire: Dark Ages products devotes a good portion of their books detailing a dark medieval world. Harn also brings another good source book to draw from.

Remove ads