Malice of the Medusa (pt-1) [Manzanita judging]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well he is hiding from the Medu...wha?" Amik starts to reply, but his chair is bumped from behind by his silent servant. With a frown the fat man turns to see a sight out of nightmares.

The thin man raises both hands to the side of his head and opens his mouth in a wordless scream, his eyes chalk white and large. It is then you all notice that he has no tongue as he tries to cry out.

He continues to thrash around as his clothes begin to smolder and the stench of burnt wool and then flesh fill the air. Like a tindertwig striking stone the little man ignites into a human shaped fireball. His clothes are gone in an instance and his flesh follows only a second slower.

His body starts to convulse and the remaining flesh falls away. The white bones darken to black as the remains of Amik's servant curl up into a ball on the cool stone floor.

It is over in an instant but the smell lingers.

[sblock=ooc] Initiative and actions you did during this time.(I know you all didn't just stand and watch like Amik.) So I know who did what first. [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Firebuilder intermediately takes a step back, raising his shield up part way, and pulling his Morningstar out and ready. He quickly scans the room trying to find the source of the attack.

[sblock=actions]Spot Spot (1d20+3=8)
Initiative Initiative (1d20=10)[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]Name: Dane, Firebuilder
Human Cleric; lvl 1
M; LN; Speed: 20

HP: 9/9; BAB/Gr: 0/2; Init +0
AC: 16; T: 10; FF: 16
F: 3; R: 0; W: 5

Morning Star, +2 melee 1d8+2
Light Crossbow, +0 Ranged (80ft) 1d8, 19-20x2

Turn Undead 5/Day, 2d6+3
Turn Water/Rebuke 5/Day, 2d6+3

Feats: Divine Mercy, Power Attack
Skills: Concentration +3, Craft (Weaponsmith) +4, Diplomacy +6, Kn Religion +2

Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 14

Prepared Spells
0: Create Water, Detect Magic (2)
1: Protection form Chaos, Cause Fear, Sanctuary[/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Reis stares at the servant in shock for an instant, curses under his breath, and hastily snatches his rapier out of his pack. Still slightly wide-eyed, he looks intently around Amik and the servant at the dias, trying to discern what is happening.

[sblock=Actions]Retrieve item (rapier)
Spot 1d20+5=6
Initiative 1d20+3=16[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

Midias draws his weapon and shield, too.

[sblock=OOC]
Initiative +1
Spellcraft +5 (trying to identify the effect)

IC is down :(

AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 10/10, F +4,R+1,W+4
0 Level: Detect Magic, Light, Resistance
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Viktor blinks, watching the scene and immediately looking about for an assailant. Guisarme in hand at the ready, the young man readies himself for a fight.

[sblock=Actions and initiative]
Initiative: 21 1d20+2=21 Seems Viktor was eager for a fight.
Actions: Draw Guisarme if possible ready an action to trip any unidentified assailant within reach.
1d20+3=7, 1d20+7=27, 1d20+3=20, 2d4+3=8 If by some miracle Viktor's trip attempt succeeds, his second attack is a critical threat: Confirmation roll: 1d20+3=6, 2d4+3=6[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The party almost as one draw weapons and start to look about for attackers. But none look to be about, the unknown assault seems to have come out of thin air. The remains of Amik's servant look like blackened rags on the floor a heat haze about them. "Wha..no not again we must flee!" Amik exclaims and starts to rise. A bright orange light flares in the room. "No!! It's to late!" Amik screams falling to floor his hands over his head. When the flash dies off you all see the black skeleton rise from the floor wreathed in fire. It lunges towards Amik its long black limbs looking like twin bolts set a blaze.

[sblock=combat]
l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l
l lBlAl l l l
l l l lMl l l
l lVlRl l lFl
l lXl l lXl l
l l l l l l l
l lXl l lXl l
l l l l l l l

X= Column
B= Burning Skeleton (init 25)
V= Viktor (init 21)
R= Reis (init 16)
F= Firebuilder (init 10)
M= Midias (init 5) Rolls
A= Amik (init 1)

Brown area is the raised dias and each square = 5'

So far: surprise round-
Viktor: draws weapon move action(can't also ready an action as it is a standard action to do so)
Reis: draws weapon move action
Firebuilder: draws weapon move action, 5' step
Midias: draws weapon move action
Amik: cowers

Round One-
Burning Skeleton: gets up and attacks Amik, move and standard actions+ 5' step
Viktor: Attacks burning skeleton dmg= 8-DR (no sense wasting a nat 20)
Reis: Up next

All spot checks yield nothing.
Also anyone may post out of order if they wish just have a set of alternate actions listed just incase. [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC question]
I'll edit in stuff here, but first a quick question: What exactly happened with Viktor's attack? The original intent was a trip attempt then attack the prone skeleton. Are you waving the trip portion aside to preserve the nat 20 on the standard attack? Just clarifying, as whether or not the skeleton is prone at the beginning of my actions will dictate the following rounds actions.[/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Reis moves quickly left until he is next to Viktor, facing the skeleton. He draws a dagger out of his belt, and squints slightly in concentration before flinging it at the skeleton.

[sblock]Reis steps into Viktor's square, which is only a five foot move, so I think it's free. Besides, the d20 SRD site says drawing a weapon is a free action if my base attack bonus is +1 or more, so I think I'm all right - tell me if I'm wrong on one of those.

Attack 1d20+4=21
Damage 1d4+2=6http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2287444/[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Firebuilder charges forward, till he's next to Amik and swings down at the skeleton with his Morning Star.

"The Unnatural has no place here!"

[sblock=Actions]Move 15' to the square above Amik.
Attack (1d20+2=22) Natural Twenty
Confirm Crit (1d20+2=7) I'm guessing I don't confirm.

Damage (1d8+2=9)[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]Name: Dane, Firebuilder
Human Cleric; lvl 1
M; LN; Speed: 20

HP: 9/9; BAB/Gr: 0/2; Init +0
AC: 16; T: 10; FF: 16
F: 3; R: 0; W: 5

Morning Star, +2 melee 1d8+2
Light Crossbow, +0 Ranged (80ft) 1d8, 19-20x2

Turn Undead 5/Day, 2d6+3
Turn Water/Rebuke 5/Day, 2d6+3

Feats: Divine Mercy, Power Attack
Skills: Concentration +3, Craft (Weaponsmith) +4, Diplomacy +6, Kn Religion +2

Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 14

Prepared Spells
0: Create Water, Detect Magic (2)
1: Protection form Chaos, Cause Fear, Sanctuary[/sblock][/quote]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc]
You could not ready the trip attempt AND draw a weapon in the surprise round. And the trip attempt failed it's touch attack anyway but I didn't want to watse your attack roll so I let that stand as your round one action.
edit: I have just looked over Improved Trip and you would need to roll your attempts in combat as follows:
1d20+3(touch attack);1d20+6(trip attempt);1d20+3(attack vs. prone opponent)

Rules clarafication:
MOVING THROUGH A SQUARE(friend): You can move through a square occupied by a friendly character, unless you are charging. When you move through a square occupied by a friendly character, that character doesn't provide you with cover.

ENDING YOUR MOVEMENT: You can't end your movement in the same square as another creature unless it is hepless. (PHB pg147-148)

MOVING(DIAGONALS): When measuring distance, the first diagonal counts as one square, the second counts as two squares, the third counts as one, the fourth as two, and so on. You can't move diagonally past a corner(even by taking a 5' step). You can move diagonally past a creature, even an opponent. You can also move diagonally past other impassable obstacles, such as pits.(PHB pg147)

SHOOTING OR THROWING INTO A MELEE: If you shot or throw a ranged weapon at a target engaged in melee with a friendly character, you take a -4 penalty on your attack roll becauseyou have to aim carefully to avoid hitting your friend.(Or in this case your employer)(PHB pg140)

DRAW OR SHEATHE A WEAPON: Drawing a weapon so that youu can use it in comabat, or putting it away so that you have a free hand, requires a move action. This action also applies to weaponlike objects carried in easy reach such as wands. If your weapon or weaponlike objectis stored in a pack or otherwise out of easy reach, treat this action as retrieving a stored item. If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move. If you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you may draw two light or one handed weapons in the time it would normally take you to draw one.(PHB pg142)

So for clarafication Firebuilder moved 20' and not 15'.
Reis attack is 1d20+0 (+4 and then -4) still nicked 'em. And you could draw(move action) and throw(standard action) in the same turn without moving.

In IC you don't need to write out Malice of the Medusa, you can put MotM in the campaign box unless you are Theroc (he is excempt) ;)
[/sblock]

Remove ads