• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mall of Doom Review

triccardi

First Post
There seems to be something happening in the small village of Walsave. People have gone missing and it seems they have not just left of their own free will. There seems to be some diabolical forces at work here. Will you have the courage to find out what is happening here? This is the setting for the first adventure for the Mutant Epoch system simply titled The Mall of Doom.

This scenario is designed for at least 6 to 10 1st rank characters but the way that the book is laid out it can be played even solo. Now I don’t want to give away what is going on in the village of WalSave but what I can say is if you decide to take up the mission it will be more than worth your while. While I can say that you will be investigating an ancient ruin of a mall and there are more than a few hazards and rewards located within that mall.

And the best part about this book is it can be replayed more than a few times as there are random elements that keep the story going. There is also a section on continuing your adventures in WalSave with some adventure hooks that can be used in your ongoing campaign. One of the handy things I love about this adventure is that all the creatures that are in and around the town of WalSave are in one section of the book. So instead of hunting for all the data you can just go to the back of the book and look up the encounters right there.

All the art again has been done by the great William McAusland and sports a full painted front cover. The black and white pieces that are in the book depict the action that happens during the adventure. Everything is really well done and laid out and easy to find and reminds me of the choose your own adventure books of old.

The price of this 136 page adventure is only $7.99 for the PDF version and $16.99 for the print version. Now that is not bad as I have seen some adventures for other systems that are $20 or more for the print version. Now the only other thing about this book is it is not an 8 1/2 by 11 book as it is smaller than that. However that makes it that much more portable and easy to look up the information you need.

So if you bought the Mutant Epoch RPG and are looking to take your characters thru their first adventure this would be the one to buy. For more information on this adventure and other products head over to http://outlandarts.com/mutantepoch.htm and get ready to help the residents of WalSave.

Remove ads