Malvoisin's Council of Thieves, Act I - The Bastards of Erebus [IC]

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn gets to her feet and reaches out to grab one last biscuit, which she tucks into a pocket. She then turns around.

"I knew this was a mistake," she says bitterly. "I remember thinking, 'this is stupid.' But no, I decided -just once- to think maybe things might work out..."

She surveyed the others in the room bleakly. "Now I'm going to die surrounded by strangers."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The knights fierce reputation fills Mero with a cold dread. He sees his same fear reflected in the eyes of the others around him. Gathering up a few shreds of courage, he blusters "Here now, steady all. Put some iron in your spine! We're not spitted on pikes yet. Is there another way out of this place?" The sight of a half-pint figure in foppish clothes trying to be muster bravery in the face of imminent doom is almost mirth inducing.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Slip

The words of her potential new friend tug at Slip, leading her to respond with a fierce grin:

"Chin up, paleface, I've been in tighter spots. We may yet live to have a drink together and continue our discussion about manners."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Destiny bringing together such commen hearts could not-no, would not- let hope to be crushed so quickly."

Slowly and quietly he draws his rapier, the steel shining in the dim light. "I do not die with out a fight, or fight with out a cause. i have a cause, so let us fight."

The looks of uncertainty is mixed with stubborn resolve.

Standing her ground by the door with her blade at the ready in case someone attempts to pass into Vizio's from the outside, Quinne shoots a quick look at Slip and Thorn. "One of you two's bound to be familiar with ferreting out trap doors--quick, give the ceiling a search, if you will. If all the outer doors are already covered by Dottari or fetid knights, then the roof may be the only means of escape. I'll hold the door while you scour the place for an out."

Quinne looks to Janivan. "Janivan, how well do you know this joint? Is there a basement and sewer access?"

[sblock=OOC]Strength +3 to put her weight against the door to Visio's to hold the door closed. Ready an action, Greatsword +4, 2d6+4 (if anyone other than a friend comes through the door, Quinne will swing to attack).[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Malcome will start looking for something to barricaede the door with, a bench or if there is a way to bar the dooor normally?

Malvoisin

First Post
Slowly and quietly [Marcus] draws his rapier, the steel shining in the dim light. "I do not die with out a fight, or fight with out a cause. i have a cause, so let us fight."

Janiven fixes Marcus with a steely glare. "Don't be a fool. They won't murder you, they'll arrest you. You'll only wish you were dead."

Standing her ground by the door with her blade at the ready in case someone attempts to pass into Vizio's from the outside, Quinne shoots a quick look at Slip and Thorn. "One of you two's bound to be familiar with ferreting out trap doors--quick, give the ceiling a search, if you will. If all the outer doors are already covered by Dottari or fetid knights, then the roof may be the only means of escape. I'll hold the door while you scour the place for an out."

Quinne looks to Janivan. "Janivan, how well do you know this joint? Is there a basement and sewer access?"

Janiven offers Quinne a wry smile. "You read my mind. Everyone with me, we've got to get out of here!"

Janiven darts quickly behind the bar, and kneels to open the door to a floor-level cupboard. Morosino follows closely on her heels. With deft movements, the pair of rebels lift a trapdoor, cleverly concealed in the bottom of the empty cupboard. The teenaged boy leaps into the revealed opening without hesitation, and drops down out of sight.

"Quickly, all of you, follow Morosino! I'll be right behind." Janiven's words are punctuated by the sound of a mailed fist pounding on the tavern's front door. "Traitors! Open this door in the name of the Order of the Rack!" shouts a gruff voice. The clank of weapons and heavy mail outside suggests half a dozen hellknights, at the very least.

Scott DeWar

Marcus pales at the thought of tourture by the hell knights. "then all the more reason to bar the door." he whispers horsely.

(IF he finds a way to bar the door, then he follows closely behind the next person, if there is no way, then he glances to the brave warrior holding the door, then dissappears down the hole.)

Suddenly unsure about Janivan's trustworthiness, Quinne keeps the heel of her boot hard against the door (still trying to bar entry) and accepts Marcus's help barring the door--if offered--but leans over as far as she can to try to get a surreptitious glimpse out a nearby window. If there are indeed either Dottari or Hellknights outside lying in wait, Quinne will go through the trap door behind the bar but will try to be last through, to make sure everyone else makes it out first.

[sblock=OOC]Perception +0. If there are no Dottari or Hellknights outside banging on the door, then Quinne will shake her head no at Slip and gesture that Janivan can't be trusted, but will otherwise remain at the door to bar the way in. As a former knight of Westcrown, hopefully Quinne will recognize Dottari/Hellknights if they're there, despite her poor Perception skill.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Quinne, Perception Check

[sblock]
Quinne parts the curtains in the window just a hair, and looks out to the street. Her worst fears are quickly confirmed. A throng of armed men are clustered in the street, numbering at least a dozen, maybe as many as a score. At least a third of them are clad in the fearsome, spiked plate mail reserved only for fully ranked Hellknights. All are heavily armed.
[/sblock]

Remove ads